CHICAGO, IL – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. To invite Harry Joiner to connect on LinkedIn, use Harry.Joiner@EcommerceRecruiter.com
One of the coolest Chicago ecommerce jobs around …
We are working with Brady Corp in their search for a Regional Manager, Ecommerce Channel Management based in Chicago, IL. Brady is an international manufacturer of safety products that protect premises, products and people. The firm’s products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels and signs, safety devices, printing systems and software, and precision die-cut materials.
Founded in 1914, Brady has millions of customers in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, education, medical and a variety of other industries. So, while Brady is a B2B play, it has the marketing feel of a B2C play. Brady’s ecommerce team is based in Chicago and the firm employs approximately 6,500 people at operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Brady’s 2013 sales were $1.15 billion and its stock trades on the NYSE under the symbol BRC.
Brady has two primary online retail sites: Seton.com and Emedco.com. For 60+ years both brands have been the leading icons of safety products for the workplace. Today, with over 50,000 products available and millions of customers, the online retail model has a ton of applicability for this growth oriented firm.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director, Global eCommerce, the Regional Manager, eCommerce Channel Management …
- Develops and oversees the implementation of strategic web growth plans for the Americas.
- Is primarily responsible for revenue growth across multiple eCommerce websites in the Americas
- Optimizes the digital experience to decrease bounce rate and increase conversion and other relevant eCommerce KPIs related to revenue generation
- Is responsible for the strategic direction and implementation of multiple unique brands, developing and implementing most successful tactics and strategies across brands while maintaining individual brand identity
- Oversees the execution of day-to-day business operations (e.g. onsite search optimization, promotional setup/execution, etc.) of the digital storefront and all other digital touchpoints including operational activities with third-parties for all regional sites
- Ensures effective execution of user acceptance testing and approves changes
- Participates in release planning and scheduling
- Participates in recommendations, acquisitions, and integration of new tools and technologies to support continuous process improvement.
- Ensures regional business representatives are trained on use of eCommerce tools and provides operational support
- Informs/supports/collaborates on customer definition efforts, product management (e.g. mix, sourcing, etc.), warehousing & inventory, fulfillment & distribution, pricing, returns & breakage
- Provides level-2 customer support for owned sites
THIS ROLE WORKS CLOSELY WITH …
- Web content editors, digital marketing, and regional multichannel marketing & merchandisers to ensure web content is created in support of operational and marketing efforts
- Digital marketing and the regional multichannel marketers to ensure alignment and support for online marketing campaigns, appropriate optimization of SEO, optimized conversion rates for all traffic channels, and reduce bounce rates for online marketing efforts
- eCommerce analytics to understand current performance and define opportunities for site improvements
- Global internet product managers to define the functional website needs to support the market
- Global user experience team to create content to support digital marketing efforts and enhance the onsite customer experience
- 10+ years’ experience in driving eCommerce strategy for multiple store fronts within a localized region
- Experience owning the business operations of a suite of websites with $10-25 MM+ revenue on-site produced
- Demonstrated success in building strong teams to implement and manage multiple brands
- Experience with eCommerce platforms tools such as Magento Enterprise, Hybris, Demandware or ATG is required.
- Endeca Search & Page Builder and Google Analytics experience preferred. BS in Marketing, digital, Industrial Design or Business preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an Agile development environment. Must be able to proactively communicate status and identify risks. Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated experience managing small to medium projects, while ensuring overall process governance is implemented and followed.
- BS or equivalent in Marketing, digital, or Business required. MBA preferred.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
PS – If you’re thinking about changing jobs this year (though us or anyone else), you might want to check out this post on why even TOP candidates get rejected.