BOCA RATON, FL – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with a Florida-based FinTech company in their search for a hard charging hands-on ecommerce CEO to lead the development and rollout of their patent-pending and innovative “lease to own” products for the ecommerce markets.
The client’s model serves the rapidly expanding and credit constrained (under banked) consumer sectors with “real time” decisions for rapid customer scalability. This multi-billion dollar market represents an untapped opportunity to penetrate approximately one half of all US households that need durable goods including, electronics, furniture and appliances, but do not have the cash or credit to purchase them.
As CEO you will brainstorm and lead strategic initiatives including implementing technology improvements and its integration meeting critical timeframes and budget. In conjunction with Marketing and the firm’s CFO, you will develop and steer marketing plans and sales channels for immediate penetration by leveraging your industry relationships and extensive industry networking activities.
The role will require you to act as the firm’s Chief Sales Officer to personally lead efforts and secure major etailing/retailing partnerships. Additionally, you’ll have overall P&L responsibility including annual budgeting and company financial planning while tracking program(s) ROI.
This position is based in Boca Raton, Florida and the client will relocate if necessary. The client is offering a competitive salary, stock options (the firm is publicly traded), an attractive bonus plan and standard company benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity for a hands on high-energy entrepreneurial CEO to exercise leadership and benefit in a rapidly expanding industry.
- Act as company chief sales officer to personally lead efforts and secure major etailing/retailing partnerships.
- Overall P&L responsibility including, annual budgeting and company financial planning while tracking programs’ ROI.
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a Senior Executive at an ecommerce firm with a minimum of $100 million annual revenues and 50 employees.
- Demonstrable proof of successful marketing and sales initiatives which implemented by you have made a measurable difference in profitability and revenue growth.
- Deep understanding of ecommerce technology to provide new ideas on strategies, tools and procedures and to assist with the overall direction of the product’s technical development.
- Experience leading company interaction with financial partners, investment bankers, Wall Street analysts and/or institutional investors.
- Experience having held the CEO, President or similar level position within a venture capital or private equity backed firm is a plus.
- You may also have experience in this capacity having worked for a publicly traded ecommerce firm or served as a division president of a large-cap publicly held ecommerce firm.
- The successful candidate must be articulate and capable of clearly communicating the firm’s vision and strategy.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
PS – If you’re thinking about changing jobs this year (though us or anyone else), you might want to check out this post on why even TOP candidates get rejected.