SALT LAKE CITY, UT – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Sundance Catalog in their search for a VP of Marketing based in Salt Lake City, UT. This is one of the coolest VP Marketing jobs we’ve had in a long while.
Sundance was founded in 1969 by Robert Redford after he purchased pristine land in Utah’s Wasatch Mountains. He created Sundance Village; a community grounded in art, nature and recreational activity while preserving the natural beauty and environment surrounding it. At the base of the Village was a tiny store that guests would frequently write to, requesting special items they had seen while visiting Sundance. The first addition of Sundance Catalog was mailed in 1989 to offer “the kinds of things that we have been privileged to collect, many of them handcrafted exclusively for Sundance.”
Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, Sundance has grown to a leading multi-channel direct marketer and specialty retailer of apparel, accessories, jewelry and home furnishings. Sundance is an authentic, aspirational lifestyle brand with high customer loyalty. The Company continues to offer predominantly exclusive products through its catalogs, website (SundanceCatalog.com), an outlet store and retail stores located in Corte Madera, CA and Denver, CO. The Company shares its heritage with other Sundance brand entities including Sundance Channel, Sundance Institute, Sundance Cinemas and Sundance Resort.
The Vice President of Marketing and Digital will be responsible for the development and implementation of successful marketing strategies that will increase sales and brand awareness of the Sundance Catalog and sundancecatalog.com and will lead to sustainable growth of the overall business. This is a new position for the company and this executive will be a key contributor to the continued success of company’s growing multi-channel business.
The primary focus of this executive will be to create direct marketing initiatives that will drive revenue through all channels of the business, ensure consistency between customer touch-points, lead to the acquisition and retention of profitable customers, and support multi-channel expansion. This position will also involve collaboration with key functional leaders (i.e.: creative, product development, merchandising) to identify business opportunities and strategic relationships that will profitably drive incremental sales growth while upholding the Sundance brand image.
Reporting to the CEO, the new VP of Marketing and Digital will have the Director of Ecommerce and the Director of Marketing reporting in.
The Vice President of Marketing and Digital will:
- Develop and oversee the execution of the strategic planning of annual and seasonal marketing plans for both channels that will deliver goals against corporate plans.
- Oversee and develop successful direct marketing initiatives including: paid search, print marketing, affiliate marketing, partner programs, SEO, SEM, mobile marketing, social marketing, etc.
- Work closely with Merchandising, Product Development and Production to understand seasonal trends and develop coherent marketing programs that support their goals.
- Further the development of circulation and database marketing metrics and insights to increase client acquisition and retention.
- Serve as strategic partner to internal creative/production teams as well as third party agencies and service providers.
- Have full P&L responsibility for the marketing budgets. Will work tirelessly to meet or exceed stated goals while coming in at or under budget.
- Assist in the planning, forecasting and measurement of marketing’s impact to the online/offline businesses.
- Identify opportunities that will profitably grow the business and generate incremental revenue while enhancing brand awareness.
- Create monthly and quarterly hindsight analyses to report progress and set goals for future quarters.
- Attract, retain and develop talent.
Sundance is seeking an executive with significant experience in catalog and ecommerce marketing with a demonstrated track record of success, achieving growth and overseeing brand management. The VP of Marketing and Digital must possess solid leadership skills, team building, and resource management. This proven leader will bring his/her team together, through effective communication, collaboration and motivation, in order to effectively insure that objectives are met.
The Vice President of Marketing and Digital will:
- Have a proven track record in leading and significantly growing catalog and ecommerce businesses, preferably in apparel, accessories, jewelry and/or home.
- Have a credible experience in multi-channel analytics, database management, circulation and ecommerce.
- Have successfully developed and led winning catalog and e-commerce marketing teams; has quickly developed and implemented game-changing strategies/processes that have rapidly produced increased revenue and ROI.
- Have a strong ability to work with merchant partners and help them to be more mindful of response rate and conversion.
- Possess long-standing credibility in this segment of the industry and the ability to build a personal rapport with all internal and external stakeholders and team members.
- Possess the ability to align and integrate the department’s goals with the other disciplines’ goals so that partnerships drive growth.
- Show demonstrated ability to understand changing market dynamics, translate them into actionable strategy, and implement the strategy to achieve pre-set objectives as determined by the marketing plan.
- Have the discipline to thrive in an atmosphere of healthy ambiguity and change. The successful candidate will be energized to play an active role in the long-term development of this organization.
- Have the ability to quickly understand both the short and long-term objectives of the business.
- Be a positive contributor to the Sundance culture and will actively champion the brand throughout the market place.
- Possess excellent communication, partnering and team building skills. This person will excel at motivating his/her teams.
- Bring new ideas to the business while respecting the Sundance culture of collaboration and communication.
Personal Qualities & Attributes:
- The new VP will have the ability, willingness and enthusiasm to learn the Sundance business quickly while building solid internal relationships.
- He/She will thrive in an environment where growth is delivered with strong brand integrity.
- A sense of urgency balanced with an authentic value for the Sundance brand will be critical to the success of this candidate.
- This executive will thrive in a lean environment and will possess the willingness to roll-up sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done effectively and profitably.
- He/She will be a passionate, collaborate executive that is committed to mentoring and motivating the team. This individual will recognize the potential of others and will strive to help people at all levels achieve their goals for growth.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.