NEW YAWK CITY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with mental_floss in their search for a Director of Ecommerce based in New York City.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: mental_floss is a bi-monthly fact and trivia humor magazine with a circulation of +100,000 subscribers in 17 countries. mental_floss’ popular website, MentalFloss.com, enjoys incredibly brisk traffic (+4MM monthly uniques) which has helped the firm vault into Inc. magazine’s list of the 5,000 fastest growing private companies.
The magazine often publishes books and sells T-shirts with humorous sayings, such as “When Life Gives You Scurvy, Make Lemonade.” Additionally, there’s a licensed trivia board game called Split Decision, which is similar to Trivial Pursuit. mental_floss also produces the “In a Box” series, which is a tin containing a book, flash cards, exam and diploma for a medical school, law school, or MBA student.
Basically, it’s the perfect business for a digital age, satisfying a hyper-responsive, self-referencing subculture of knowledge junkies with an eclectic mix of fascinating stories, addictive lists, funny quizzes, and unique products — all distributed through the self-reinforcing loop of a magazine, a website, and a web store.
Yes-sirree, Bob. These folks have got it all going on.
mentalfloss.com is seeking an Ecommerce Director to manage and operate their growing ecommerce business. With tons of traffic, a robust email house file, a large number of SKUs (plus a joint venture agreement in place to expand ecommerce for TheWeek.com and Slate.com), this is a great opportunity to own all facets of a growing ecommerce business and take on leadership role within the company.
In this role, mental_floss needs a candidate with very sharp skills in the following areas:
- Affiliate Marketing
- Comparison Shopping / Marketplaces
- Ecommerce Platform
- Email Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) / PPC
- Social Media
- Web Analytics
- Web Design / User Experience
- Driving SEM strategies and optimization (keyword expansion; ad copy, ad grouping, landing page optimization; testing; analysis)
- Managing search engine optimization campaigns
- Developing and executing strategies to grow affiliate programs with focus on ROI and customer acquisition metrics
- Manage relationships with 3rd party vendors, including distribution center and ecommerce platform.
- Keeping up to date on new online marketing trends/practices and continually analyze and leverage the opportunities for growing organic traffic
- Creating and implementing strategy for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Blog) and provide basic customer service when necessary
- Researching and implementing new acquisition marketing tactics and vendor partnerships
- Creating banner ads and testing to convert mentalfloss.com 4MM unique readers to store buyers
- Creating and reporting on marketing budget, with ROI justification
- Management of email marketing (list development and management, campaign development and implementation, content strategy, contact strategy, and promotional calendar)
- Development of performance metrics and assesses the effectiveness of all marketing efforts
- Implement and manage 2x a year mailed catalog campaigns
- Project Manage the mentalfloss.com store redesign and all ongoing updates and changes
- Launch TheWeek.com and Slate.com ecommerce stores
- Ensuring that creative elements maintain brand integrity
- Proven business skills, including analytical thinking, creativity and innovation
- P/L driven with proven track record of success
- Result oriented, self starter with deep understanding of ecommerce and direct marketing
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and organization skills with a focus on customer experience
- Be able to quickly adapt to trends, innovations, and opportunities that will improve the business
- Proven ability to acquire new customers, grow average order value and revenue
- Have a passion about ecommerce, design and marketing with a willingness to take ownership of the business and a leadership role within the company
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)