RESTON, VA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Video Blocks in their search for an Email Marketing Manager based Reston, VA. Video Blocks is a profitable, venture backed technology company, recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as being the fourth fastest growing media company in the United States.
One of the Best Email Marketing Manager Jobs on the Market
Video Blocks offers a subscription-based service that provides members with unlimited downloads of stock video, motion backgrounds, production music, sound effects, special effects, after effects templates and more. It serves more than 100,000 customers, ranging from professional production studios to colleges and churches, from NBC to video editing enthusiasts.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: As usual, I have an armload of inside information on this client, but I’m limited in what I can share in this post. What I can tell you is that when I understood what the company does, I thought “Holy cow, these guys are going to make a mint. I wonder if I can convert my portion of the search fee to equity?” In the hundreds of kickoff calls I have done with IR-1000 firms, my spider senses have tingled like that maybe a dozen times.
Check out this TechCrunch article for a nice overview of Video Blocks’ value proposition. If you read Mary Meeker’s 2012 Internet Trends slide deck, then you know that the demand for Video Blocks’ type of service will skyrocket as more websites employ video on their web and mobile sites.
You online retailers may want to check it out …
To support its rapid growth, the client seeks a savvy marketer to manage both trigger and batch email communications with its internal email marketing database as well as current subscribers.
Video Blocks’ Email Marketing Manager will take responsibility for developing, executing and optimizing email campaigns already in place and build and manage a test plan to identify opportunities to take its current program to the next level. The client sees relevance for its service in numerous markets, including TV Program Production; Music Production; Movie Theaters; Internet Publishing; Graphic Design Services; Film / Video production; Game Software Development, Advertising Agencies, and more.
Accordingly, success in this role requires a passion for email marketing and insight and experience as to best practices around effective messaging, send frequency, creative layout, deliverability, list segmentation, reporting, analysis and testing strategies.
Regarding culture: The team at Video Blocks is passionate and driven. Although everyone on the team is a world-class A-player, no one on the team is an aggressive, Type-A, self-promoter. Everyone on the team supports, respects, and helps one another. The team shares credit and celebrates the successes of the entire team. It’s not a shark tank, and chemistry matters a lot. The firm’s organization is very flat — and there are no offices. The atmosphere is that of a “hangout for super talented people.” If that type of thing appeals to you, then we’d like to hear from you.
- Leverage the internal email program to deliver tens of thousands of new customers per month
- Plan, test and execute 30+ monthly internal batch email campaigns
- Manage Video Blocks’ current trigger email sequence over 15 customer touch points, seek to double current response rates using lifecycle and behavioral analysis of customer behavior
- Execute at least 50 new email creative design and messaging tests per quarter in an effort to unseat our current creative champions
- Merge data from Video Blocks’ internal tracking tools and ESP to provide routinized daily analysis on campaign performance and test results
- Prepare monthly forecasts for new customer generation which you’ll seek to outperform
- Identify and source third party data sets which can provide actionable insight to improve response rates on the more than one million records in our current marketing database
- Increase deliverability rates by 75% from current levels
- Manage and enhance current technology platforms supporting Video Blocks’ email program (ranging from Lyris to MailChimp) and test new tools that can drive greater program efficiency
- Track competitive marketplace trends and execute test to estimate the impact of adopting similar strategies internally
- 99.999% error-free / accuracy rating – Video Blocks’ customers will appreciate your attention to detail
- Competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance
- Free gym membership
- Flexible work hours with generous vacation and leave policies
- Stipends for attending various training programs and conferences
- A casual, fun and fast paced work environment with unrivaled peers
Desired Applicant Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience directly managing an email marketing program for a company
- Hands-on day-to-day experience on a hosted email service provider
- Strong analytical skills and clear understanding of channel metrics
- Ability to turn analysis into action, execute to timelines, and build sophisticated test plans
- Expertise in designing, measuring, and explaining A/B and multivariate testing
- Elegant copy writer with keen eye for creative design
- Deep understanding of CAN-SPAM compliance standards
- Self-motivated and have a positive attitude and work well with a strong team
- Desire to contribute to the hyper-growth and culture of a successful technology company
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with strong track record of academic performance
- Preference for candidates who are able to build HTML creatives from scratch
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Richard Pirkle. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Richard for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)