CINCINNATI, OH – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Luxottica Retail in their search for Director of Media based in Cincinnati, OH. As part of the Integrated Marketing Team, the Director of Media supervises 2-3 Media Associates and reports to the VP Integrated Brand Communication.
The Director of Media will lead media planning and buying for Luxottica NA retail brands for all external mediums with annual budget estimated at $100MM in North America. S/he will partner with brands to identify and recommend strategies to deliver brand objectives while remaining abreast of industry knowledge and innovations to act as media thought leader, especially in the digital area, and utilize knowledge to help drive brand objectives.
The Director of Media will lead agency relationships to optimize spending, priorities and ongoing innovation, and work directly with brand-marketing teams in developing and aligning annual media plans. In addition to thought leadership, s/he will also ensure that all appropriate internal and external guidelines are met.
The Director will work actively in integrated marketing team to drive communications integrations across all channels and maximize all media investments, and be able to work effectively across a large organization while managing an internal team and external media agency in developing brand-right media plans that will deliver on the brands objectives/needs.
Deliver integrated media plans across the different brands that maximize brand and business growth
- Partner with the brands in order to develop effective communication and media plans to achieve brand objectives across all media, TV, print, OOH, digital, social, SEM, SEO, etc.
- Guide the development and execution of innovative media strategies and programs.
- Help create and hone consumer insights that will be the foundation of consumer centric plans
- Maintain ultimate accountability for the quality, strategy, and integrity of all media plans/strategies/services delivered
Oversee buying of all media to maximize effectiveness of spending
- Accountability for all media post buys to deliver the agreed media objectives; take action as necessary
- Identify ways to drive efficiencies for both working and non-working dollars
- Accountable for delivering media savings and accurate accounting of all media expenses
- Recommend and implement processes to measure effectiveness of media
- Ensure that all media plans are optimized to support marketing initiatives
Manage media agency and key vendor relationships including staffing, compensation, scopes of work, project management and performance reviews.
- Negotiate and manage agency compensation to ensure staffing and servicing aligns with company needs/objectives
- Responsible for annual performance reviews
- Ensure all projects are managed within the scope of works and completed to at least a satisfactory level in a timely manner
Manage and lead media team (2-3 direct reports) to ensure professional growth, development and best practices
- Responsible for media training and development of staff
- Responsible for project prioritization of staff
- Responsible for creating a motivating and challenging work environment for staff
Develop media metrics and campaign measurement
- Develop media metrics, KPIs and dashboard and continuously drive higher ROI
- Support Marketing Mix modelling to identify optimization opportunities and action plan
Drive innovation and new media ideas/platforms
- Build culture of continuous innovation
- Identify new big idea platforms that have sustainability identify, recommend and initiate media testing to improve current media plans or explore new market niches (Hispanic, etc)
Experience/ Skills Required:
- 8-10 years of media experience including in-depth knowledge of national and local media types: Broadcast, Digital, Social Media, Print, OOH, Non-Traditional, FSIs and Yellow Pages either at a media agency or client-side
- Digital media planning experience a must, i.e. SEM, SEO, display, geotargeting, rich media, video, affiliate
- Retail media planning experience
- Ability to work cross functionally and engage with Senior Executives and Non-Marketing team members
- Strong project management and multitasking skills
- Ideally experience working across multiple Lines of Business
- Actively developing a climate of teamwork and cooperation when working with the peers
- Experience managing team of associates
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to lead external agencies and other Luxottica associates
- Understanding of media planning, buying and agency compensations
- Strong computer skills: Excel, Power Point, Word
- Understanding of media research tools: MRI, Simmons, Media Audit, Nielsen, Arbitron
- Strong analytic skills
- Education: Bachelors degree (Business emphasis preferred)
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)