ATLANTA, GA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Altisource in their search for a Manager, Content Strategy for their real estate marketplace, Hubzu, based in Atlanta, GA.
Altisource is dedicated to changing the way homes are bought and sold. To date, more than 66,000 properties have been bought and sold through Hubzu’s online residential real estate marketplace, which is based on technology innovations and intellectual capital developed from its parent company: Altisource Portfolio Solutions (NASDAQ: ASPS). The firm is recruiting ecommerce top guns from some of America’s best ecommerce brands, and this is your opportunity to become a critical member of one of Altisource’s fastest growing divisions.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: What would you do if your website was a magazine and you were the editor? Who would read it? Who would advertise in it? What would you write about? Who would be on the cover? How would it be laid out?
Like editing a magazine, Hubzu’s Manager, Content Strategy is responsible for conceiving, planning, writing, securing / licensing, editing, and governing content across Hubzu’s entire customer experience. Hubzu is one of the largest marketplaces for buying and selling residential real estate in the United States. Hubzu has sold over 66,000 homes, and management has fresh research showing that Hubzu properties sell faster than properties listed elsewhere. And if you are a buyer, there are great deals on Hubzu that you can’t find elsewhere.
To improve its user experience, Hubzu is creating a brand that has a smart, approachable voice and personality that makes its users feels comfortable and confident. The idea is simple: If people do business with their friends, Hubzu’s management wants a friendly site that makes people feel good about transacting on it. It’s critical that the content lend a smart and friendly personality to the site. Think of it as a consumer lifestyle brand.
Hubzu wants you to create a multichannel content strategy that tells the brand story while delivering on the business needs. It’s critical your strategy include a coherent content cadence and style which considers Hubzu’s visual design, ecommerce objectives, and corporate communications themes.
You will be managing a team of internal and third-party content writers, including a brand agency and a social agency whose work extends beyond the World Wide Web to smartphones and tablets. You wanna do work that matters? Your content will make or break Hubzu’s full digital experience. Moreover, this role will work with Hubzu’s web analytics team to create a measurement plan for content and user engagement which identifies opportunities for organic search optimization. It’s a pretty big deal.
Is this job for you? Ask yourself …
- Do I understand digital media? Have I worked extensively with digital content? Can I supply examples of my work?
- Do I understand information architecture on a website and can I crank out content that will improve Hubzu’s SEO and drive ecommerce transactions? (After all, Hubzu is an ecommerce site …)
- Do I have an analytical edge to the way I create, write, and edit my content — and do I understand how my content is consumed at every step of the customer experience, from engagement to conversion to retention / re-engagement?
If the answer to these questions is YES, then you owe it to yourself to speak with these people. You’ll be so glad you did!
Description and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the firm’s Senior Manager, Marketing, as Manager, Content Strategy you will be responsible for assessing, planning, managing and governing content across the full customer experience for Hubzu.
- Plan, develop, implement, manage and continuously refine a comprehensive multi-channel content strategy that tells the Hubzu brand story while delivering on business needs
- Lead cohesive implementation of the content strategy, partnering with internal and external constituents, including user experience and visual design, ecommerce, brand, lifecycle marketing, corporate communications, creative agencies and business intent owners
- Manage a team of experienced internal and third party content writers and workflow for assigned projects that span website, mobile, marketing and social
- Ensure that all projects are delivered with high quality and on time through clearly-defined direction, execution timeline and accountability
- Recommend new content marketing opportunities based on emerging digital channels
- Work with web analytics lead to create measurement plan for content and user engagement, and toward identifying opportunities for SEO optimization
- Partner with Brand Manager to enforce and update Hubzu brand style guide voice and tone standards
- Write and edit content, as needed
- Train, mentor, and develop the team
- Support additional projects within Consumer Portals division as needed
Key Result Areas:
- Implement and manage a comprehensive, brand-defining content strategy that engages target audiences, helps drive demand and facilitates a seamless, easy user experience across Hubzu
- Focus on continuous content improvement across all marketing channels (inbound and outbound)
- Establish foundation for coordinating timely, efficient and high-quality project delivery
Required Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- 6+ years total experience
- Ideal candidate possesses a deep understanding of website information architecture, taxonomies and digital content interaction
- Proven ability to enable compelling content across the full content cycle, from new content vision through execution
- Detail-oriented writer and editor, with a passion for insight-driven, best-in-class user experiences
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to articulate, rationalize and present concepts effectively
- Sound interpersonal and group communication skills
- 3+ years people management experience preferred
- Strong interest in being part of a growing transformational consumer ecommerce business
- Experience in ecommerce, real estate, financial services or technology a plus
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced, multi-national organization
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Amy Branch. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Amy for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)