DODGEVILLE, WI – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to the “Ecommerce Job of the Day,” click here. To connect with Harry Joiner on Linkedin, visit LinktoHarry.com and use Harry.Joiner [at] EcommerceRecruiter.com.
We are working with Lands’ End in its search for a Manager, Front End Development based in Dodgeville, WI. Lands’ End is a premier source of apparel and gear for women, men, kids and the home, sold by catalog, online, and at nearly 300 Lands’ End Shops at Sears. Since 1963, Lands’ End has earned a reputation for quality, value and exceptional customer service embodied by one simple promise: “Everything we sell is Guaranteed. Period.” Lands’ End is a member of the Sears Holdings family of companies.
As the manager for the Front End development team, you will be responsible for mentoring the team, planning work to meet deadlines, creating code, coordinating code deployments with others, setting processes & coding practices for Lands’ End, ensuring quality of development and determining strategic direction for all front-end code used to drive customer interactions for Lands’ End digital properties.
- A BS/BA/AD degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of management experience in a large organization
- 7+ years experience in web development and design
- A portfolio demonstrating clean and compliant code
- Experience building and maintaining large sites (50+ pages) with commerce capabilities
- Proven experience of successfully integrating code with 3rd party APIs
- Multi-channel, multi-device and multimedia experience a must
- Strong knowledge of design principles, typography, user interfaces, Web standards and usability
- Experience with Agile/Scrum principles and tools
- Thought-leader that has proven track record of impacting business performance positively
- Proven ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to coach and lead high-performing teams
- Strategic and Analytical thinker
- Self motivated and driven to learn outside of work environment
- Ability to work independently & prioritize self and team tasks in a fast-paced work environment to deliver commitments on time and within or under budget
- Flexible to adapt to changing business needs or new information
- Team player with a positive attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Concept, Design, Develop, Test, Train and Deploy user interactions that fully utilize the digital channel to drive profitable sales growth and position landsend.com to be a leader in not only the retail and fashion industry but also web experience and design.
- Inspire creative and business team with best in class web experiences that are created with tried, trusted and tested web development techniques and practices.
- Concept, Design, Develop, Test, Train and Deploy best practices in HTML, CSS and interaction design.
- Concept, Design, Develop, Test, Train and Deploy and Maintain reusable content that is easy to understand and implement by non-web savvy team members.
- Partner with the Marketing, Merchandising, UX, Creative, IS and many other business teams to execute strategies and encourage change of existing interactive practices to grow and align brand awareness on all interactive platforms.
- Develop highly functional prototypes for usability testing.
- Design, Develop, Test, Train and Deploy the functional side of the customer engagement strategy.
- Lead and coach team members for success
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry Joiner for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)