PORTLAND, OR – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Columbia Sportswear in their search for an International Ecommerce Site Manager. Founded in 1938, Columbia Sportswear has grown from a small family-owned hat distributorship to one of the world’s largest outerwear brands and the leading seller of skiwear in the United States.
In 2007, the company reported record net sales of nearly $1.36 billion. (I assume it’s more now.) Columbia’s product line includes a wide variety of outerwear, sportswear, rugged footwear and accessories. Columbia is renowned for developing innovative products that are comfortable, protective, functional, stylish and offer great value.
General Position Summary:
The purpose of this position is to scope, define, manage, and lead the implementation of International online projects from inception to production launch and post-launch assessment, based on business requirements. This is a dynamic, evolving role which requires understanding of managing eCommerce sites and a strong foundation in project management methodologies, resource management and budgeting.
The International eCommerce Site Manager is responsible for the ongoing operations of all the International eCommerce websites as well as the International content sites for the company. This is a demanding role that requires someone with a high degree of understanding and experience in the interactive/digital arena.
- Manage the delivery of International eCommerce projects to meet or exceed strategic business goals.
- Craft detailed business/technical specifications for International eCommerce platform enhancements, language translations and new features for websites.
- Oversee the implementation and ongoing maintenance for supporting online translated content and creative releases.
- Manage all internal and external resources to ensure all projects and releases are completed within the project determined project deadlines.
- Estimate, plan, staff and manage eCommerce project teams when applicable.
- Establish and update project plans and budgets with actuals and forecasts and ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Manage 3rd party vendor and the integration of new vendor tasks and track and review deliverables.
- Communicate timely project status to all cross-functional stakeholders on US and EU teams.
- Manage project risk, develop mitigation plans, and escalate decisions and unresolved issues.
- Create and distribute all sales reporting on weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Collaborate with Web Development team to ensure all quality assurance testing is completed and all functionality is working properly before launch.
- Continually review all areas of the International websites to ensure all technology is functioning effectively and communicate any issues to appropriate team members.
- Monitor and troubleshoot all issues found on International websites.
- Facilitate weekly update meeting with appropriate International partners and create quarterly presentations regarding International eCommerce business.
- Communicate enhancements and key events to International Contact Center team.
- Collaborate with Web Development team, Creative team and Digital Marketing team to optimize digital graphics for size, ensuring fast page load times, and optimize content for organic Search efficiencies.
- Drive decisions based on site performance and behavior metrics and oversee coordination of projects determined from those metrics.
Specific Job Skills and Requirements:
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience leading International eCommerce projects in project management role.
- Strong project management, organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to translate business and technical concepts into functional specification documents.
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, translation services, web development languages, scripting languages, database architecture, XML and web services.
- Experience in cross-platform design, information architecture, site mapping and change control processes.
- Familiarity with information architecture/design and user experience best practices.
- Deep understanding of the web development project lifecycle, and best practices related to the process
- Understanding of the concepts and key steps in optimizing a site for natural search
- Ability to understand and communicate online traffic and shopping metrics
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or other applicable field of study
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management role in International eCommerce.
- Project management training or certification necessary.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Amy Branch. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)