PORTLAND, OR – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Columbia Sportswear in their search for a Director, Web Technology. Founded in 1938, Columbia Sportswear has grown from a small family-owned hat distributorship to one of the world’s largest outerwear brands and the leading seller of skiwear in the United States.
In 2007, the company reported record net sales of nearly $1.36 billion. (I assume it’s more now.) Columbia’s product line includes a wide variety of outerwear, sportswear, rugged footwear and accessories. Columbia is renowned for developing innovative products that are comfortable, protective, functional, stylish and offer great value.
General Position Summary:
The purpose of this position is to develop the strategy and drive technology efforts for Columbia’s eCommerce and other consumer-facing digital initiatives. The position will lead a team of developers, quality assurance professionals, and eCommerce project managers to determine and execute scoping and architectural decisions, prioritize and assign technical tasks, and evaluate and manage technology vendors. The person will also provide forward thinking business ideas and opportunities related to the digital space. This is a demanding role that requires a strong leader with a high degree of understanding and experience in the interactive/digital technology arena.
The Columbia eCommerce team currently is responsible for 8 U.S. eCommerce sites (desktop and mobile), 22 international eCommerce sites across Canada and Europe, as well as several other international and brand marketing sites.
Strategy and Planning
- Develop and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure website and infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Participate in the development of eCommerce and IT strategies in collaboration with the senior team.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all eCommerce development efforts.
- Establish service level agreements with business units and vendors.
- Align eCommerce technology goals with goals and objectives set by the eCommerce business.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Prepare RFP’s, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for eCommerce technology projects and associated efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure eCommerce specific products and services.
- Collaborate with IS department with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all eCommerce technology systems and wireless implementations.
- Oversee all project timelines, workload, testing and implementation of all digital projects and day-to-day production.
- Direct and oversee eCommerce technology staff, vendors, and contractors.
- Research and find new interactive technology to increase website conversion, revenue and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues across all aspects of the eCommerce platform and partner landscape.
- Define software standards in conjunction with the management team and other stakeholders.
- Manage operational costs associated with eCommerce technology and development.
- Collaborate with executive team to forecast near- and long-term financial investments for expanded functionality/user base.
- Collaborate with IS to ensure network and infrastructure needs are met.
Evaluate vendor offerings, and manage vendor relationships and contracts in the following areas:
- A/B testing
- Content delivery
- Hosting, security, load time
- Video encoding and hosting
- Mapping solutions
- Dynamic image rendering
- Affiliate programs
- Comparison shopping
- Content management
- Customer reviews
- Database marketing/CRM
- Site search
- Site optimization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related field.
- Minimum 15 years experience
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)