AUSTIN, TX – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Newgistics in their search for a Director of Product, based in Austin, Texas. Founded in 1999, Newgistics is a leading provider of postal-based solutions for the retail, health care, direct response, third-party logistics, mobile device, high-tech & electronic, and medical devices industry.
As the Director of Product Marketing, you are a pragmatic visionary who can translate business into innovative, scalable technology solutions to help drive the future direction of Newgistics ecommerce solutions and services. You will be responsible for driving quality and enabling technical innovation for the company’s Ecommerce, Fulfillment, and Delivery & Returns businesses. You’ll be expected to recruit top talent and manage evolving / complex demands, including handling multiple projects with dependencies on other internal teams. You’ll set and deliver on aggressive goals for adoption, operational performance, feature delivery, and driving revenue opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Product team in identifying new product opportunities across Ecommerce, Fulfillment, and Delivery & Returns businesses
- Determine strategic product line decisions by evaluating competitors’ products and market trends
- Interact with customers, prospects, and client user groups to gather product requirements for new services and enhancements to existing products
- Provide a clear vision and compelling leadership to all product stakeholders on product strategies and solutions to business problems
- Translate strategic product direction into clear product objectives and roadmaps
- Develop product segmentation and positioning strategies
- Develop product management plans by preparing business cases, product strategy definition, profit/loss projections, and market requirement documents
- Perform priority and impact analysis for product development and enhancement initiatives
- Research, evaluate and recommend product packaging/bundling/pricing alternatives and third-party partnerships to Executive team
- Manage and improve processes by championing process improvement initiatives within or across applicable business units and within Product Management
- Seek and follow through on opportunities to improve inter-team relationships and understanding
- Act as a Product Management representative to key customers by providing thought leadership on solutions to business problems
- Act as the subject matter expert for product documentation and training
- Communicate retail planning product strategies and direction in a compelling manner
- Care for and develop key customer and industry relationships by conducting customer and prospect needs research and maintaining key industry contacts
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7+ years of progressive experience with enterprise software and partner marketing
- Demonstrates superior leadership skills that drive organization toward the achievement of consistently high performance standards.
- Provides strong thought leadership in the area of Ecommerce and communicates effectively with internal and external executives and clients.
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to embrace and maximize a changing landscape
- Excels in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- Extensive process knowledge, planning abilities, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Builds strong interpersonal relationships and motivates cross functional teams to operate in a cohesive manner.
- Quantitative expertise in conducting business analysis, utilizing economics, financial statements, and statistics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with executive teams
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Outstanding people management abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Technology with MBA preferred
- Previous experience working with e-commerce solutions
UPDATE: This search is closed.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)