SHELTON, CT – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here.
We are working with SureSource.com in their search for a Director of Business Development based in Shelton, CT.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: SureSource creates and manages the official online stores of global brands who choose to remain focused on their core competencies of product development, manufacturing, and distribution of product through retail channels. Clients like Budweiser, Hershey’s, Krups, Fuji Film, and Cliff Bar appreciate that every consumer interaction impacts overall brand perception and trust SureSource to provide their online shoppers with a premium customer experience.
The company’s inventory forecasting team ensures that SureSource always maintain adequate stock in a climate-controlled distribution center. Its marketing group drives new customer acquisition by promoting partners’ products in new channels, and the knowledgeable customer care representatives field inquiries and place orders with professionalism and courtesy.
Major investments in infrastructure, talent, and vendor relationships allow SureSource to build and manage online stores more efficiently and provide a higher level of customer experience than any one company would be able to achieve on its own. And SureSource’s unique business model negates the need for monthly or annual fees as they are compensated through the retail margin on the product they sell.
It’s an amazing value proposition, and after gaining an understanding of how SureSource makes money – I’m not sure why any potential online retailer wouldn’t want to partner with them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and maintaining a database of prospective, qualified Partner companies with appropriate contact person and contact history. Use of the company’s sales force automation program is required.
- Maintaining contact with each prospect at appropriate intervals via telephone, email, mail, and face-to-face contact, where appropriate.
- Attending relevant trade shows and interfacing with prospects at the shows.
- Ensuring the growth of the prospect database through canvassing of trade publications, retail store visits, referrals, trade shows, and networking. Updating the prospect database for personnel changes.
- Staying knowledgeable on the latest developments in e-commerce, via regular interaction with internal company experts, monitoring of relevant trade publications and, where appropriate, seminar attendance.
- Present the company’s offering effectively both in person and via web conference.
- Preparing written proposals for prospective Partners.
- Close new business through an understanding of complex sales techniques required in matrixed organizations and with sales over $1,000,000 in revenue.
Additional duties include the following:
- The Director Business Development will work with the Retail Operations department to develop additional business at existing SureSource Partners, and to maintain good communication and overall relations. In this work, the Director will focus on Partners which he/she has brought to the company.
- The Director will also work on special projects related to business development as assigned by the Vice President, Business Development.
Minimum Education required: BS/BA degree in business or related field required; a combination of education and specific work experience may substitute for part of this requirement.
Technical skills: Proven experience using MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Knowledge of and ability to use Salesforce.com, the Company’s prospect database provider.
Other Required Abilities: Excellent oral and written communication skills; superior presentation skills; excellent interpersonal skills; availability to travel for business as needed.
Minimum Required Related Experience: Five years experience in intangible sales to prospects at the vice- president to CEO level.
UPDATE: This search is closed.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)