BALTIMORE, MD – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to the “Ecommerce Job of the Day,” click here. To connect with Harry Joiner on Linkedin, visit LinktoHarry.com and use Harry.Joiner [at] EcommerceRecruiter.com.
We are working with Under Armour in its search for a Senior Manager, Ecommerce Marketing to work within UA’s Ecommerce Marketing Department. This position is responsible for leading marketing activities in support of Under Armour’s growing US ecommerce business. Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Comparison Shopping Engines, Affiliates, 3rd party platforms (eBay, Amazon etc.) and partnership marketing are all critical success areas.
UA seeks a proven leader with a track record for growing these programs who possesses strong vendor relations, project management, communication and analytical skills. 4 year college degree required — academic focus in marketing, ecommerce, and/or business preferred. Candidate must have proven experience managing a productive team. 4+ years working in a data-driven, multichannel, direct-to-consumer ecommerce retailer required, preferably with a top 100 multi-channel retailer or a top 200 eTailer.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We have tons of information on this search, but much of that intel can’t / won’t appear here. In the interest of getting this search launched asap, I’ll be adding more color commentary to this post in a couple of days. Until then, please know that you will be working with a razor sharp hiring manager — who reports directly to one of the industry’s key thought leaders. Above all else, you MUST be a total ninja in the area of paid search, preferably on the client side. Allan Seibert has my kickoff call notes on this search — all six pages. If you have any questions, click here to email Allan directly. He’ll hook you up.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Chance to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, results-driven environment
- Ownership. Own your job and be accountable for your work.
- Exposure. The ability to partner with business units across the organization.
- Growth. Potential for career growth is a company initiative.
- Pride. Work for a brand that delivers a consistent message every day.
What will I do at UA?
- Lead and manage all aspects of direct-to-consumer ecommerce marketing in the areas of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Paid Search, Comparison Shopping Engines, Affiliates, 3rd party platforms and referring partners.
- Inspire, motivate, mentor and educate a dedicated team of e-commerce professionals.
- While you will lead a team, demonstrate that you have program expertise, are current in your field and can be “hand’s on” as necessary and work within specific programs and understand their specific nuances to achieve results.
- Lead and execute a “bottoms up” forecasting methodology that accurately predicts sales, orders, customer acquisition and costs for all programs.
- Support company and department goals and achieve business unit KPI’s
- Liaise with peers in Financial Planning and Analysis, Merchandising, IS, and Creative to deliver an unrivaled customer experience for all UA.com consumers.
- Deploy tests and provide backend analysis and recommendations after testing to continuously improve the customer experience and grow sales and contribution.
- Analyze and provide reporting on program KPI’s – identifying opportunities for growth and improving efficiency
- Manage programs within acceptable levels of advertising spend, contribution and customer long term value
- Leverage spend and investment across platforms and vendors to grow profitably and improve efficiency.
- Assist with periodic reporting (weekly, monthly) on campaign performance
- Execute trend analysis, monitoring and competitive benchmarking
What does UA need from me?
- Ability to work autonomously and be a “self starter” – applying broad “best practice” ecommerce processes to specific UA areas of focus
- Communicate effectively and clearly across various leaders and stakeholders within the UA community
- Ability to quickly and routinely prioritize – balancing the pursuit of opportunity and the application of resources appropriately for maximum benefit
- Strong drive for continuous improvement – maximizing growth, accelerating the rate of new customer acquisition and improving program profitability
- Ability to negotiate and partner creatively with our vendors –demonstrable entrepreneurial attitude combined with a “win-win” approach
- Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel and other BI tools and reporting tools for presentation of reports and data. Comfortable and confident presentation of business plans and business reviews to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- An analytical, problem solving and results-driven approach to e-commerce challenges and opportunities
- Strong problem solving, decision making and analytical ability
- Demonstrated flexibility- adapts to a changing work environment while meeting company and department milestones
- Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment with an openness to change as our company grows
- Maintain a positive, enthusiastic and energetic demeanor which helps foster an upbeat working environment
Other skills and abilities
- Experience using statistical techniques to evaluate marketing tests
- Experience with automated campaign management or segmentation tools
- Knowledge/experience with order allocation methods/best practices
- Deep knowledge of one or more of the following areas: SEM, SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Comparison Shopping Engines, 3P Platforms (Amazon, eBay)
What else do I get?
- Comprehensive benefits program
- Amazing company culture and team environment
- Guard rails to work between, not a box
- Ownership in the brand with our Employee Stock Purchase Program
Under Armour is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. Under Armour does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan Seibert for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)