ST. LOUIS, MO – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to the “Ecommerce Job of the Day,” click here. To connect with Harry Joiner on Linkedin, visit LinktoHarry.com and use Harry.Joiner [at] EcommerceRecruiter.com.
We are working with Energizer in its search for a Brand Manager, Digital Marketing for its North American e-Business Team based in St. Louis, MO. The rapid development of technology is driving significant changes in every aspect of Energizer’s business, hence the formation of Energizer’s NA e-Business Team to anticipate, accelerate and align the firm’s Household Products’ business with its external stakeholders.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Energizer is expanding well beyond the batteries business, into the bigger and broader categories of Power and Light. Given rapid adoption in wireless technology and device penetration, consumers are leading totally connected digital lives, and the need for portable power has never been greater. Consider the latest news in energy efficiency and what’s happening in incandescent lighting: The world is shifting to LED, which is smaller, brighter, unbreakable, energy-efficient, and can be manufactured into almost anything. Energizer is way ahead of this trend.
The company is loaded with sharp people, and it appears to be very comfortable in its own skin. It knows its competitive advantages; it has a deep affinity with its customers; and it has identified dozens of opportunities to grow its share of current markets while developing new markets for both its current and future products.
Each year, Energizer sells billions of dollars worth of batteries through traditional retail channels, and it is gearing up for break-through growth with a dedicated e-Business team to manage its online strategy. How will Energizer grow its relationship with Amazon and other online marketplaces? How will the company support its current retailers with its digital strategies?
As Energizer’s Brand Manager, Digital Marketing, it’s your job to figure that out.
Obviously, strategic agility will be critical in this new role. You’ll need to understand the new consumerism and identify trends in the market, making sure that Energizer’s digital initiatives are structured to support the firm’s (and its retail partners’) marketing efforts across every channel.
This is not just an ecommerce role. You will not be running a web store. You will, however, help Energizer “win” with content, making sure that it is contextual and relevant and tagged properly for SEO. Additionally, you will be expected to drive the company’s online CRM efforts, synchronizing Energizer’s initiatives with those of its dot-com retail partners in an effort to overlay Energizers’ audience with its partners’ audiences to create and grow niche communities for Energizer’s products. Such communities can include gaming, seen here:
Naturally, you will need to leverage rich media: Video, blogs, etc., and you’ll need to engage the communications and brand groups to make sure that Energizer is brought to life online in the right way.
This job is perfect for the ideal candidate with a classic marketing background, the ability to think on consumers’ terms and lead the overall strategy through the new and emerging digital landscape. It is really about winning with content, improving the internal and external search friendliness of Energizer’s digital assets, increasing brand engagement, and improving brand visibility in the company’s channels. It’s a different position than one we would normally feature here.
But it’s terrifically exciting. If you’re up for the challenge, please apply below.
To make a strategic impact and contribution as part of a dedicated e-Business Team that will lead and shape a viable and critically important business model committed to:
- Translate consumer insights into revenue creation and sustainable competitive advantage
- Develop the go-to-market strategy together with Commercial Area Teams and Global Business Units
- Expand Energizer’s ecommerce capabilities through a comprehensive needs assessment and recommendation to North American Senior Leadership.
- Create a robust e-Business platform grounded in the consumer experience (website enhancement, content management, driving conversion and user-engagement)
- Serve a cross-functional and varied set of Stakeholders through deep collaboration, goal alignment, and thought leadership
Key Competencies and Environment:
- Strategic Leadership
- Critical Thinking
- Innovation and Change Management
- Collaboration (Diplomatic Influence)
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities
Skills and Specific Role Requirements:
- Creation and deployment of eCommerce solutions (web design, wireframes, user interface, protocols, software implementation etc.)
- Application of Consumer Insights into opportunities in the digital world
- Back end-infrastructure and integration (data capture, shopping cart/payment, encryption, reporting, supply-chain, consumer delivery)
- Opportunity to drive ‘attachment selling’ – as the nature of batteries and portable power is explicably linked to consumer electronic devices
- SEM and SEO
- CRM – database management, list sourcing, profiles and segmentation •Content management (videos, demos, blogs, apps etc.)
- Web analytics, metric-setting and campaign management
- Budgeting and spending control (ROI)
- Process and project management skills
- Experience in Mobile Marketing
- Exposure to channel strategy (to be worked on together with Sales and Shopper Marketing counterparts)
- Technical fluency and business acumen
- Importance of leveraging external partnerships (agencies and strategic vendors)
Role in Organization:
- Reports to: Director, e-Business, North America
- Work closely with: Core Team – Sales, Trade Insights and Shopper Marketing Focused -U.S. Brand Team – especially Brand Manager, Marketing Communications
- Travel Requirements: Up to 15-20% depending upon project
- St. Louis, MO Global Headquarters, Energizer Household Products
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry Joiner for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)