COLUMBUS, GA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
We are working with Aflac in their search for a UX / User Experience Designer. Founded by brothers John, Paul, and Bill Amos in 1955, Aflac is a Fortune 500 insurance company based in Columbus, Georgia. The company introduced one of the world’s first cancer expense insurance policies in 1958.
Since then, Aflac has added insurance policies for accident, short-term disability, hospital intensive care, hospital confinement indemnity, lump sum cancer, lump sum critical illness, specified health event, life, dental, and vision. And parents, check it out: Aflac has the largest on-site child-care facilities in Georgia, with the capacity for 621 children.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering the vision, experience and creative strategy for digital property projects; builds strong relationships with segment managers, product managers, development, and other critical partners to establish and deliver on the business and customer requirements that enhance Aflac’s digital experiences and products and meet the business goals
- Responsible for leading the development of creative and innovative solutions that successfully translates business objectives into innovative and best in class customer centric solutions
- Delivers product roadmaps, relevant research, user experience strategy and final creative from concept development, wireframes, and design to final execution
- Responsible for developing and communicating industry-leading creative concepts while balancing strategic development with online business objectives
- Create wireframes, comps, storyboards, experience prototypes, graphic concepts and final deliverables
- Provide quality assurance of all creative deliverables
- Acts as a liaison between business units, project management office, software quality assurance, and IT by opening and maintaining lines of communication between those entities and our interactive and creative partners; manages business unit expectations of initiatives and projects; ensures the success of projects by coordinating system and process enhancements and communicating them to the business units or other affected departments
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, Human Computer Interaction, or Graphic Design or a related field and three years of progressively more responsible work experience in digital marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years’ experience working with Web-based applications and design
- Two years’ experience with HTML prototypes, specifications, and style guidelines
- Human Factors International Certified Usability Analyst designation (preferred)
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated user experience design skills with expert knowledge of current design programs as well as strong writing abilities
- Advanced proficiency with experience design tools
- Understand W3C standards as well as browser-specific bugs and variations, in IE, Mozilla and Safari
- Understanding of browser display differences on different platforms
- Demonstrated experience in designing creative and web pages for commercial websites
- Knowledge of how design impacts engineering and vice versa, with ability to construct dynamic interactive designs that are technically feasible
- Knowledge of the marketing communications concepts, practices, and processes
- Knowledge of Information Architecture
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Web architecture: Intermediate
- Adobe Photoshop and photo imaging: Intermediate
- Detailed knowledge of Web architecture
- Broad knowledge of Aflac products/services and systems (preferred)
Core Organizational Competencies
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; is not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunity than others.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; drives to resolution of customer issues; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Adaptability: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; can multi-task, handle multiple objectives; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening with colleagues and customers; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Ethics and Values: Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Business and Financial Acumen: Knows how businesses work; is knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace; knows how the organization makes money; understands the organization’s business model; is aware of key factors influencing profitability.
- Collaboration: Can partner effectively with colleagues within Marketing and channels as well as other stakeholders across the company to provide to the marketplace world-class products, services and marketing that incorporates the best expertise in the company.
- Innovation Management: Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Managing Vision and Purpose: Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
- Organizing: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, and support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry Joiner for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)