AUSTIN, TX – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here.
We are working with FramesDirect.com of Austin, TX in their search for a seasoned Ecommerce Marketing Director.
Essilor, the world’s leading ophthalmic company has recently acquired a majority stake in FramesDirect.com. As part of this acquisition, Essilor is creating a new stand alone division based in Austin with the objective of rapidly developing FramesDirect.com’s activity in the US as well as overseas.
The Director of Marketing provides hands-on leadership in all company marketing, customer acquisition, and advertising efforts. This position is responsible for driving traffic, sales, transactions & market share by:
- Building marketing strategy and ROI by channel, clearly communicating business case and expected results.
- Increasing brand awareness and customer acquisition in regional, national and international arenas. Build ROI for and manage each site’s marketing plan and spend (if applicable)
- Managing brand positioning, brand touch points and targeted customer strategy
- Managing graphic design, copywriting, and photography.
- Developing, negotiating and purchasing all marketing materials
- Developing, creating and communicating public relations strategy & philanthropic efforts
- Execution of multichannel marketing promotions calender
- Creation and development of strategic partner marketing program(s) to increase site ‘reach’.
- Design and execution of all discounts, coupons, surveys, contests, or sweepstakes as needed, ensuring compliance with all relevant state/federal laws and providing tracked sales/traffic results.
RESULTS AND ROI ANALYSIS:
- Drive traffic and sales to store locations, website and any wholesale business opportunities.
- Provide results analysis measuring traffic, sales transactions, average order and unit value, profit, market share and lifts.
- Track and analyze return on investment for each campaign, providing actionable reports and fine tuning as needed for best ROI.
CUSTOMER ACQUISITION AND RELATIONS STRATEGY:
- Research customer demographics, psychographics and relevant geographic information to determine customer profile, target customers, target marketing areas and support new-store openings.
- Develop cross-channel customer relationship (CRM) program.
- Develop customer acquisition strategy for online and direct mail purposes.
- Brand positioning & awareness
- Act as brand ‘gatekeeper’ ensuring consistent and elevated use of logo, brand touch points, brand information and other positioning elements through all channels.
- Manage all written and spoken company communications via copy, talking points, and coaching to ensure consistent appropriate brand ‘voice’ and approach.
- Lead copywriting and romance of brand in all brochures, press, and brand packaging.
- Lead proofreading efforts and sign-off process ensuring zero errors in printed materials.
- Manage all graphic design and print to ensure brand consistency and sub-brand development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, or equivalent 5-8 years’ work experience.
- 5+ years of ecommerce online marketing experience. Candidate must have been directly responsible for leading marketing efforts that resulted in more than $50 million in incremental online sales.
- In-depth hands-on knowledge of brand strategy, promotions marketing, corporate identity, public relations required.
- Proven ability to analyze and seize new opportunities based on data and historic information to determine industry trends.
- Strong understanding of ecommerce math including sales, gross margin, discounting impacts, and inventory turn.
- Proven ability to successfully lead and develop collaborative teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple disciplines toward common goals.
- Power user of Excel and other business software tools used to analyze and report trends and results.
- Proven fact-based decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proven ability to work with all levels of management.
UPDATE: This search is CLOSED. To see our other searches, please click here.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)