Burlington, VT – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
We are working with Seventh Generation in their search for a Digital Director, in Burlington, VT. Established in 1988, Seventh Generation is one of the nation’s leading brands of household and personal care products. The company lives its commitment to “caring today for seven generations of tomorrows,” with products formulated to provide healthy solutions for the air, surfaces, fabrics, pets and people within the home — and for the community and environment outside of it. A pioneer in corporate responsibility, Seventh Generation continually evaluates ways to reduce its environmental impact, increase performance and safety, and create a more sustainable supply chain.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: This is a high-visibility, very well-paying role which will enable someone to have a huge impact on a great, mission-based business. According to CMO, Joey Bergstein, “If we’re able to deliver the potential of the brand, underpinned by digital, this will be a case study that everyone will be writing about.”
The Director of Digital will be charged with taking a brand that already has a strong digital presence and a passionate group of consumers and turning it into a viable social commerce business. The website needs to be revitalized to reflect the brand’s character, and 7th Gen needs to build a mobile- and ecommerce infrastructure to enable it to go direct to its consumers.
Most of all, 7th Gen seeks to build programs that double the size of its brand community, which is nearing a one million consumers. The goal is to turn these people into advocates for the brand as well as loyal customers who buy 7th Gen’s products across multiple categories. This role combines the best elements of strategy, creative programming, and execution.
For now, there is a team of 2-3 people reporting into this person. But according to Joey, “Our appetite for growth in this area is real. Ultimately, I can see shifting the majority of our spend into digital media. It’s a fantastic growth opportunity. And it’s based in Vermont, living close to the best skiing/boarding on the east coast.”
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
This is pivotal role in the development and evolution of the Seventh Generation business. Seventh Generation has a unique and passionate base of consumers who we have a phenomenal opportunity to transform into brand advocates. At its simplest, this role is about mobilizing the passionate consumer base into powerful advocates for the brand and driving consumer purchases through the use of digital media.
The Digital Director will lead the development of strategy and execution for the Seventh Generation’s digital marketing & operations. This includes leading the brand’s consumer “conversation and engagement calendar”, building it’s social media and direct response programs, establishing its e-commerce business into a profit center and leading the thinking for mobile platform development: Website content, e-commerce, partnership & community development, consumer research, marketing, and website technology.
This is a critical leadership role in the marketing organization and requires strong leadership across the business units, integrating digital media seamlessly into each key element of strategic plans.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Enhance SeventhGeneration.com to increase traffic and engagement, build a powerful rewards program that enables consumers to become passionate brand advocates, while also driving cross-category purchases.
- Build Seventh Generation into the leading social media home and personal care brand in social media as measured by the combination of the size of its fan base (per cases sold) and it’s interaction rates
- Dramatically accelerate e-commerce sales, including programs with established and new e-tailers… making the internet site a key strategic function in the business for innovation, gifting etc.
- Create and maintain an expanded content platform.
- Optimize Search Engine marketing
- Develop mobile marketing strategy and program.
- Upgrade organizational capability in the digital area and seamless integrate digital marketing into each marketing program.
- Manage dedicated digital staff as well as overseeing outside web developers
- Work collaboratively as an acting member of the marketing leadership team
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Manage internet & ecommerce aspect of international sales.
- Commit to personal development and growth by actively participating in personal development initiatives and applying developmental thinking within the context of planning and executing work.
- Lead and manage others within the function through the embodiment of the company’s core values
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the internet space, including at least 6 years as a Senior leader of digital strategy and planning
- Knowledge of e-commerce, social media, content management and ad serving systems
- Prior experience successfully managing, leading and developing a team of technical professionals
- Experience creating content and managing an editorial and/or marketing staff
- Experience creating SEO programs
- Willingness to continually embrace personal and professional development
- Must exhibit a passion for the company’s Mission, Vision and Values
UPDATE: This search is CLOSED. To see our other searches, please click here.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)