PETALUMA, CA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here
We are working with MarketLive in their search for a Director, Ecommerce Strategy, in Petaluma, CA. MarketLive provides ecommerce software, services and expertise designed specifically for mid to upper tier retailers. MarketLive incorporates time-proven ecommerce acumen, technologies and services to over 160 retail websites generating over $2 Billion in sales annually.
Since 1995, MarketLive has focused exclusively on providing eCommerce solutions that successfully sell goods and services online. These technology, service, and professional service solutions form the basis of strong retail businesses. MarketLive understands that the intelligent way to sell online is to create a path to purchase on consumer behavior and preferences. Their proven Intelligent Selling methodology guides retailers through marketing and merchandising principles that reflect this approach. With MarketLive, retailers build and maintain sites that deliver a rich shopping experience, form brand loyalty, optimize revenues, and overall business performance.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The Director of Ecommerce Strategy will play a key leadership role in shaping and driving the strategy and promotion/execution of the eCommerce product and service offerings. He/she will manage the Commerce Strategy group, which provides one-to-one consulting services to MarketLive clients focusing on Acquisition, Conversion and Retention strategies to grow their overall business. The group helps establish best practices and standards for online merchandising, marketing, site design and usability — and facilitates sharing knowledge of those practices among clients, the industry and MarketLive staff.
This position will partner closely with the VP of Sales & Marketing as well as the Professional Services organization to develop and execute on strategic services provided. Additionally, this position will support sales programs by providing subject matter expertise before and during the sales cycle. The Director of Ecommerce Strategy will assist in driving eCommerce revenue and capabilities as well as eCommerce thought and product related leadership throughout the organization.
The Director of Ecommerce Strategy must have a strong, proven ecommerce background with experience in online acquisition marketing (i.e. securing/driving customer retention/monetization and in creating new approaches to on-line marketing). S/he must have passion, appreciation and vision for what content and community can bring to the table around an ecommerce solution.
The Director of Ecommerce Strategy must also be able to work with clients to leverage new behaviors (i.e. private sales, social shopping, user generated merchandising, group buying, loyalty badging, geo-merchandising etc.) to drive transformation around how MarketLive’s clients reach and interact with customers (“push the envelope” to more aggressively drive on-line sales). The Director of Ecommerce Strategy will be a conceptual, strategic thinker that can successfully partner with sales to drive and expand revenue. He/she will be a creative thought-leader capable of innovating/articulating new ideas, as well as executing seamlessly to achieve significant financial targets.
Strategic Consulting Services:
- Manage Commerce Strategy group to effectively translate the vision of ecommerce and analytic services into specific recommendations that increase key metrics and business performance for MarketLive clients
- Develop and present recommendations to clients at executive and senior level
- Shape and expand consulting engagements in concert with the Technical Account Managers to help clients examine and execute new eCommerce strategies as well as help drive new project implementations
- Mentor consultants/analysts to play client leadership roles to drive ecommerce focused engagements
- Manage revenue goals as well as develop and execute plans for paid service programs
- Work closely with Professional Services (Pre/Post Launch) to ensure successful ecommerce best practice execution and high client satisfaction
Marketing/Thought Leadership/Product Development:
- Work closely with Marketing on all thought leadership initiatives to develop content and deliver presentations in support of whitepapers, webinars, speaking engagements, conferences, etc.
- Support and contribute to MarketLive community and social marketing initiatives
- Speak directly with industry analysts and the press to represent MarketLive work in eCommerce
- Provide key subject matter leadership and direction around trends in ecommerce to shape requirements for product offerings
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and marketing opportunities
- Function as ecommerce Subject Matter Expert during pre-sales campaigns
- Educate prospects around MarketLive experience, approach, positioning, messaging, competitive differentiation, value-add, etc. and play a key role in influencing and driving new business revenue
- Track record of growing retail and ecommerce businesses
- Deep experience in ecommerce as a practitioner or consultant
- Strong analytics background; proven ability to create, analyze and communicate analytics and performance metrics
- Strong understanding of best practices associated with search engine optimization, email marketing, social & mobile commerce
- Proficiency with basic web site design and UI issues
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Skilled at presentations and relationship management with C-level executives
- Strong time-management skills and ability to prioritize
- Independence in leading and motivating teams, and a strong sense of personal initiative
- Ability to collaborate with sales, marketing, product management teams to meet team-based projects
- Outstanding interpersonal and team building skills
- High energy, self-starter who is passionate about achieving aggressive growth targets
- Bright, strategic thinker and creative thought leader able to articulate new ideas and execute successfully against financial targets
- Strong performance and results orientation
- Travel up to 25%
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS NOW CLOSED.