COLUMBIA, SC – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here …
Now then: We are working with PureFishing.com in their search for a Software Engineer, based in Columbia, SC.
Pure Fishing, Inc. is a leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia®, All Star®, Berkley®, Fenwick®, Gulp!®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Pflueger®, SevenStrand®, Shakespeare®, Spiderwire®, Stren®, Trilene® and Ugly Stik®. With operations in 19 countries and a dedicated workforce conversant in 28 languages, Pure Fishing, Inc. is part of Jarden Outdoor Solutions, a leader in developing outdoor and active lifestyle products and a subsidiary of Jarden Corporation.
The Software Engineer will play a pivotal role on the corporate IT team supporting existing application platforms as well as new end-to-end development projects and everything in between. Responsibilities will also include participation in process improvement initiatives, data management and manipulation efforts, and other developmental endeavors. The Software Engineer works closely with co-located and extended teams from across the globe. They will participate in multiple projects and support efforts spanning the full project and product lifecycle, as Best Practices are utilized to engage, establish and execute Projects.
- Create, enhance, and maintain innovative software solutions, especially software web solutions and various integrations to support ecommerce business.
- Key member of the core team supporting a global, SAAS based ecommerce platform with integrations into SAP, Scene7, other content management systems, and various 3rd party systems.
- Complete feasibility analysis and prototyping.
- Transfer functional requirements into executable solutions.
- Assist across all aspects of the SDLC, including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Ensure software designs are documented and full unit, module, integration and performance tests are completed.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for project deliverables.
- Investigate and innovate with new technologies and operating systems and lead adoption of those technologies by the team.
- Participate in change management, process mapping, and continuous improvement efforts.
- Communicate frequent status to project leads/managers and proactively escalate critical issues that become roadblocks that require timely resolution.
- Drive initiatives to successful outcomes and exceed business user/customer satisfaction.
- 3-5 years software development experience with an ecommerce focus, as well as experience in a manufacturing, distribution, and/or retail environment.
- Proven history working with data integrations, particularly utilizing XML and XSD.
- Familiar with object oriented programming concepts and implementation.
- Very strong programming abilities and the proven ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously and prioritize work tasks.
- Outstanding written and communications skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with the business and IT are essential.
- Should have excellent organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have the following technical development experience, in the order listed, and have a competency in the following IT based systems;
- Experience in Web/Internet based programming concepts and architectures
- DemandWare scripting language and UX Studio
- Integration with Scene7 content management
- QlikView Business Intelligence/Analytics
- Java/.net/Visual Basic and QlikView programming/SharePoint designer, developer
- SAP ABAP and BW development
- Multiple scripting languages experience
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Self motivated with ability to work in diversified environments and with new development tools.
- Has worked in a team-based organization, with leadership experience a plus.
- Comfortable challenging peers in a healthy, constructive way.
- The candidate must be comfortable working independently, be execution oriented, and demonstrate value to the business.
- Passion for technology and works well to meet deadlines.
- Candidate will be able to facilitate timely completion of assignments with minimum supervision.
- The right candidate will be flexible and adaptable when dealing with change, will allocate time efficiently, handling multiple demands and competing priorities and will have excellent problem solving skills and analytical skills.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)