MANCHESTER, VT – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here …
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
Now then: We are working with VermontCountryStore.com in their search for a Web Consumer Insights Analyst to be based in scenic Manchester, VT. If you are unfamiliar with VCS, check out this video …
Reporting to the Director of Ecommerce, the Web Consumer Insights Analyst is an integral part of a cross-functional business team, responsible for providing insights, analysis and recommendations to guide the evolution of VermontCountryStore.com. This individual will be the foremost expert in the vermontcountrystore.com shopper, explaining behaviors, wants and needs, and advocating for advances in the site to maximize its effectiveness.
Further, this individual will conduct all appropriate research, competitive studies, and manage the analytics platforms and reporting needed to inform the business and stimulate action.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We have worked with this client on several occasions, and I am always impressed with their love of the customer and passion for the direct-to-consumer marketing space. DTC marketing is in this company’s DNA: They think about it. They talk about it. They joke about it. They love everything about it. For a web analyst, there’s no better place to be, as practically everyone at VCS has a teachable point of view on DTC marketing, along with a genuine desire to take the company’s game to the next level. The culture is all about rigorous debate and intelligent, hypothesis-driven experimentation.
On any given day at VCS, you might huddle with your colleagues about how customers are scored based on their catalog and non-catalog responsiveness. Or, you might find yourself in a meeting about how VCS’ customers are migrating from traditional channels to digital ones. Or, you might be assigned to a task force to review how customers are segmented based on channel and merchandise preference. The fact is, direct marketing has always been “all about the math,” so it follows that any analyst worth her salt will feel right at home at VCS, where there’s nothing as devastating to an opinion as a number.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with senior leaders in the vermontcountrystore.com organization to influence the overarching strategy for Vermont Country Store’s web properties and establish appropriate performance goals
- Act as a strong subject-matter expert on vermontcountrystore.com with in-depth knowledge of shopper online behavior (general population as well as Vermont Country Store target consumer)
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the behavior of visitors to Vermontcountrystore.com
- Understand industry and key competitor best practices and our overall competitive position (and gaps)
- Retail a vigilant awareness of emerging trends, threats and opportunities
- Provide data-driven insights to guide the evolution of vermontcountrystore.com, to better fulfill the website’s mission, and improve the overall online customer experience
- Provide analysis of actions and tests taken on the site
- Develop and conduct testing to validation all concepts pre-production
- Manage all analytics platforms, reporting systems, and testing capabilities
- Education/Experience – BA/BS degree with strong GPA, MBA preferred 5+ years’ work experience in a web analytics role
- Experience with in an ecommerce retail environment preferred
- Strong business acumen skills and general management awareness
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into actionable recommendations
- Solid analytical thinker with a desire to drive business operations improvements
- Familiarity with a full range of market research (qualitative and quantitative) methods
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with web analytics tools (e.g. SiteCatalyst, Coremetrics, Google Analytics), including technical implementation, configuration, and reporting
- Proficient with qualitative and quantitative research tools and techniques; experience with or in-depth knowledge of the following preferred:
- A/B and Multivariate Testing;
- Understanding of analytics tagging and web logging;
- SEO/SEM Reporting and Analysis;
- Online Surveys (conjoint, discrete-choice, cluster analysis);
- Usability Testing (methods and technology, including eye-tracking);
- Consumer Focus Group and Interview Design and Moderation;
- Marketing Segmentation;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to, motive and inspire a diverse group of individuals, including senior management;
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
The ideal candidate will have excellent judgment and independent decision making skills, plus a proven ability to interact effectively in a cross-functional team. Naturally, the ability to motivate, inspire, manage, and develop associates is a huge plus.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)