BOSTON, MA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here …
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
Now then: We are working with Harvard Business Publishing in their search for a Marketing Intelligence and Web Analytics Manager based in Watertown, MA.
Harvard Business Publishing was founded in 1994 as a not-for-profit, wholly owned subsidiary of Harvard University. Its mission is to improve the practice of management and its impact in a changing world. Harvard Business Publishing has approximately 250 employees, primarily based in Boston, with an office in New York City. The company is comprised of three market groups:
- Higher Education,
- Corporate Learning, and
- Harvard Business Review Group.
Through these publishing platforms, Harvard Business Publishing is able to influence real-world change by maximizing the reach and impact of its essential offering — ideas.
If you’ve ever taken a course in business management, then you are likely familiar with HBP’s content — such as Gerald Zaltman’s groundbreaking work in understanding your customers’ minds, which has been embraced by many of the world’s most admired companies.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The Marketing Intelligence and Web Analytics Manager will help maximize the sales growth and profitability of Harvard Business Review Group-Digital, by leading strategic analyses and recommendation development, as well as providing business intelligence to the Consumer Marketing and eCommerce teams.
The Manager will set the web analytics and marketing intelligence roadmap and build supporting infrastructure to better integrate various tools and automate operational reporting. This will include leveraging insights across, but not limited to,
- Web Analytics (Coremetrics, Google Analytics),
- Transactional (Oracle) data and information,
- Silverpop email reporting,
- Third party web traffic monitoring services,
- Consumer feedback data,
- Fulfillment Bureau data, and …
- the Consumer database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead analyses and recommendations of various consumer strategic initiatives and projects
- Develop rigorous analyses and KPI’s to evaluate key business issues and drivers, build business cases and frame recommendations into relevant, actionable insights
- Partner with leadership team on key strategic projects to drive improved short-term and long-term business growth and superior performance
- Lead marketing analytics; provide decision support that includes, but is not limited to, Customer Lifetime Value modeling by source of acquisition, RFM and predictive response modeling, and campaign performance and test reporting across all sources
- Support marketing forecasting efforts by providing macro level trends and patterns.
- Proactively identify and surface business opportunities that would improve the consumer marketing and ecommerce team’s ability to meet revenue commitments and to deliver on long-term targets and strategic growth initiatives
- Analyze the marketplace, with a focus on competitor and customer insight, and assess consumer trends, economic and financial data and synthesize results into clear, actionable strategic initiatives
- Produce weekly and monthly analyses of site performance for senior management based on both internal (Coremetrics/Google Analytics) and external (third party SEO/SEM) data.
- Create ecommerce and consumer-marketing business unit-specific dashboards that drive effective and actionable business decisions based on KPI’s
- Identify traffic trends by channel, drivers to site, abandonment issues and opportunities for improving site conversion
- In conjunction with the web marketing teams, devise, conduct a/b and other test plans, analyze results and suggest opportunities for improvement
- In conjunction with the Consumer marketing team, devise, conduct a/b and other test plans, analyze subscription results and suggest opportunities for improvement
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business or analytics.
- MBA a plus Highly strategic and analytical problem solver.
- Comfortable with hypothesis driven models as well as advanced quantitative methods to create strategy recommendations and deliver improved ongoing business intelligence and reporting.
- Able to evaluate key business drivers and develop clear strategic recommendations
- Strong analytical acumen and passionate curiosity for data
- Consumer-oriented industry experience in ecommerce and periodical publishing
- Deep understanding of data analytics tools, trends and industry
- Extensive website analytics and testing structure/reporting experience a must
- Experience with predictive modeling and statistical testing analytics
- Deep and demonstrated understanding of e-commerce and the relationship between website behavior and profitability
- Deep and demonstrated understanding of data base and subscription marketing with particular emphasis on RFM scoring and analysis
- Knowledge of Social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google etc.) and the proven ability to effectively integrate these platforms into a cohesive marketing and data strategy
- Understanding of mobile platforms and the proven ability to effectively integrate these platforms into a cohesive marketing and data strategy
- Experience with website page tagging and report development with web analytics and customer insight tools such as Coremetrics and Google Analytics to analyze and solve business problems
- 10+ years of work experience utilizing analytical and statistical knowledge.
- Periodical publishing/direct to consumer marketing experience a plus
- Superior experience architecting customer databases across multiple systems and tools.
- Prior experience in building a data warehouse a plus
- Experience with database marketing, data validation and database query logic Understanding of SQL and relational data model concepts
- CRM software, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel. SQL, Advanced Excel and Access.
- Training with SAS, SPSS or KXEN considered a plus Superior project management skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills with ability to work and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to quickly establish credibility, trust, & support within all levels of organization.
- Strong collaboration skills and successful track record working with executives and cross-functional teams
- Excellent team player with the ability to apply innovative ideas and critical thinking to projects
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to anticipate needs, innovate and flourish in a fast-paced retail environment
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask for the packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)