STERLING, VA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here …
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
Pong is an environmental health, safety, and wellness company that provides science-based solutions to protect users of cellular telephones and similar wireless devices from unnecessary exposure to electromagnetic radiation (“EMR”). Pong’s first consumer product, the Pong cell phone case, represents the first patented technology proven, in laboratories certified by the Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”), to redirect EMR away from the head and body thereby reducing the user’s exposure to radiation by up to 95% below FCC established safety limits.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We’ve all heard stories about cell phone usage being linked to brain cancer. For example, in 2011, the World Health Organization (WHO), classified cell phone radiation as possibly carcinogenic. Numerous other studies have found the same smoking gun. Consumer concerns are not at all unfounded, and more research in this area is forthcoming. In the meantime, the cellphone continues to become wore tightly woven into our lives, to the point where by the time she’s 60 years old, a 10 year old girl who spends, on average, just 30 minutes a day on her cell phone will have spent more than one full year of her life on the phone.
Given the promise of Pong’s products, the potential demand for this product is massive: Some 413 million smartphones will ship worldwide in 2011, up from 296 million in 2010 and 172 million in 2009. By 2014, smartphone projections reach 875 million and global mobile subscribers top 5 billion. Earlier this year, I closed a search for cellphone case etailer, SkinIt.com, and their business was booming.
Pong Research is primarily a direct business, selling products online and currently shipping to over 30 countries. Pong was recently purchased by Catterton Partners, and is planning to accelerate the expansion of both product selection and the overall business.
Reporting to CMO, Mike Lombardo, this position will be located in Leesburg / Sterling, Virginia. Mike’s involvement is typical of what’s great about this role: An attractive combination of a startup environment and getting in on the ground floor of something cool, along with the chance to work with a world-class leadership team with loads of industry experience.
We have a strong preference for “local” (Northern VA) candidates. This is a fantastic growth opportunity for the right person.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The Director of Online Marketing will grow the online business demand and traffic in a way that will provide strategic lift to its brand while aggressively growing online generated revenue and margin per the business plan.
- Driving traffic to www.pongresearch.com through, search engines, keywords, banner placements, social media and other appropriate placements.
- Working closely with internal and external resources in the development and execution of marketing strategies.
- Assist Marketing in building customer database for use in web sales promotion.
- Establishing a strong external web presence, to instill consumer confidence and build awareness of the Pong brand and products, ultimately driving online traffic and sales.
- Building business by digital word of mouth marketing, consumer awareness, and promotions.
- Work with Sales, Marketing and Product Development to build online demand generation strategies.
- Oversee online marketing – budget, ROI justification and team management – search, SEO, Affiliate, Social Media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and Email
- Create a segmentation strategy for email that maximizes life cycle of customers – increase 2nd order rate, grow email database.
- Drive overall promotional messaging and creative through online marketing vehicles and email.
- Work with the Marketing and Creative group to improve online marketing performance.
- Budget and Plan Revenue and Costs to achieve EBITDA contribution.
- Help in the development of the Web organization to meet Revenue/Margin objectives.
- Execute and drive International online marketing initiatives to support the brand in new and existing international markets.
- College degree (MBA a plus).
- 5+ years experience in web environment, primarily with online demand generation; 3+ years experience in retail marketing capacity, preferably with a multi-channel retailer (with management experience).
- Deep knowledge of e-commerce and Online operations and thorough familiarity with the online space.
- Experience designing online demand generation strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrated competencies in advertising and marketing communications (agency and/or client side).
- Strong analytics and forecasting background.
- Proven experience in creating effective teamwork and an environment conducive to developing cross-functional collaboration.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask for the packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)
To add your resume to our confidential database, click here.