HOUSTON, TX – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Sun & Ski Sports in their search for a Director of Ecommerce based in Houston, TX. Sun & Ski Sports (a subsidiary of Retail Concepts) was founded in 1980 by Barry Goldware and currently owns and operates 25 retail store locations plus 5 online store fronts with sunandski.com being the primary web brand. Goldware is very serious about growing the company's online business — citing REI.com and Backcountry.com as what's possible in terms of what's possible for outdoor lifestyle ecommerce merchants. Merchandise is stocked in only five categories – ski (snow and water), bicycling, skating, running and camping.
Check out this video where Lee Hobbs with Asics describes the 3 main foot types and the corresponding footwear categories most Running Shoe companies use …
Please Tweet this job, and you'll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
- The Director of Ecommerce will report directly to the CEO of Retail Concepts and will be a key contributor on the management team.
- He/she will develop and execute an online marketing strategy that will align goals, brand and customer, and ensure that all deliverables are backed by key measurements. Initiatives will have an emphasis on sales growth, customer acquisition and conversion.
- He/she will be capable of strategically managing all online and ecommerce sales initiatives in order to drive profitable incremental sales while striving to exceed revenue, ROI and customer acquisition targets.
- This position requires a very web savvy individual with in depth knowledge and understanding of key web technologies, and the ability to use them. It also requires excellent strategic thinking in all marketing disciplines to ensure that the Company is investing in the areas most likely to return the highest ROI by creating and executing a fully integrated online marketing program.
- He/she will be main driver for all interactive marketing strategies for both online and in-store marketing. This includes managing and testing new opportunities in online marketing through PPC, local shopping networks, banner advertising, social media, and more.
- This position will be responsible for the ecommerce platform and maintaining the relationship with software/hosting service providers. It will be important for this position to establish strong partnerships across all functions of the business, and in particular with Merchandising and IT. Building a collaborative working relationship with merchants and merchandising will be key to connecting brand, product and marketing initiatives to customers.
- Provide the strategic leadership and execution necessary to deliver high end marketing performance, providing a critical contribution to growth and profitability goals over the near and long-term.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with an understanding of web analytics and reporting tools.
- Exceptional communication skills; able to effectively communicate results, successes and improvement strategies to senior management.
- Ability to analyze problems and come up with quick and long term solutions.
- Able to identify opportunities for streamlining processes and programs.
- Proven track record in growing web traffic with experience developing a personalized web experience to drive higher traffic and conversion.
- Experienced with Search Engine Optimization initiatives including the management of relationships with paid search vendors and improvement of natural search results.
- Experienced in E-mail Marketing including experience in testing e-mail designs and offers.
- Familiar with social network marketing campaigns and able to gain positive exposure on external social media sites, such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Able to effectively manage data feed programs supporting 3rd party affiliate search engines and shopping networks with daily product, inventory, and pricing updates to achieve a positive ROI.
- Build goals and forecasts by segment, establishing and meeting performance metrics including traffic, revenue, and profitability.
- Build and monitor marketing budget, keeping expenses at targeted proportion to sales.
- Establish and oversee internet marketing and promotional execution process; manage execution of all campaigns, marketing offers, and marketing calendars.
- Drive the tracking and reporting of marketing performance to ensure informed decisions and optimal performance across all marketing channels.
- Provide strategic guidance on web features and user experience that would help drive customer acquisition, customer retention, and conversion; develop specifications for these features and oversee execution of projects.
- Attract, retain and develop talent.
- Must have 5+ years of online marketing experience, including 2+ years of marketing experience at a consumer/retail E-Commerce company with proven track record of driving growth.
- Must have passion for the outdoors and be familiar with product in our sports.
- Required Specialties:
- Web / Graphic design, Web development, Email marketing, SEM/PPC, Banner Retargeting, Social Media marketing, Blog development/outreach, Affiliate marketing, Comparison Search Engines (CSEs), SEO, Analytics, Loyalty Development, A/B & Multi-Variant testing, System & integration planning.
- Software & Programming Requirements:
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1345 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.