SADDLE BROOK, NJ – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Semprae Laboratories in their search for a Vice President/Director, Online Marketing and Commerce based in Saddle Brook, NJ. Semprae Laboratories markets women’s sexual health and well-being products that will be primarily available through direct sales and online, with some retail (Wal-Mart, Rite Aid) and etail distribution.
Semprae seeks an experienced, entrepreneurial ecommerce marketer responsible for planning, implementing and executing online customer acquisition campaigns to generate growth with online marketing team. Focus will be on paid and organic search, email marketing and social media programs.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Through the years I have been contacted by quite a few adult-oriented online retailers to handle their searches, and I’ve always refused on the grounds that it wasn’t good for my brand. No offense to them, personally.
Semprae Labs, on the other hand, is more like a pharma play with a chewy center: a continuity-based revenue model. Think of their product, Zestra, as a Viagra for women. No kidding. The company’s CEO, Mary Jaensch, explained the need for the product and the size of the current market, and I’ve gotta say — these people are going to make a TON of money, especially once their ads get approved by mainstream TV (which seems inevitable). Check out this video on ABC’s Nightline …
Zestra is a life-sciences VC-backed product. Its production is consistent with FDA guidelines, yet because it’s all natural, it does not have to be FDA approved. There are NO side effects, and according to clinical studies, it works on 7 out of 10 women. There is NO financial risk for a product trial, and 50% of Semprae’s business is repeat, continuity purchase. Ka-CHING!
There is a fantastic story to be told about the founders, the product, and the opportunity. Truly, these are wonderful people. But here’s the rub: I’d love a candidate who has some familiarity with DRTV. If you don’t have DRTV experience, I still want you to apply. However, much of Zestra.com’s traffic will be driven through DRTV, so the perfect candidate will understand that medium. New Yorkers: The company is based in Saddle Brook, NJ — a 24 minute drive from the city, against traffic.
Bottom line: As usual, if I didn’t think this was a great opportunity with outstanding underlying economics, I would not be wasting your time with it.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
- Develop marketing strategies that ensure customer base growth with profitable returns in the context of business strategy
- Develop ecommerce and direct strategies, plans and programs to achieve business growth objectives
- Identify target customer segments in the formulation of customer acquisition strategies; develop mechanism for building more in-depth target definitions and insights
- Define, identify and implement customer acquisition strategies through online marketing channels
- Test new programs/opportunities for customer and lead generation
- Accelerate growth of per customer value through range of re-marketing strategies and programs
- Seek out new partnerships for co-marketing opportunities
- Evaluate market share and monitor competition
- Supervise two marketing managers who are implementing the programs
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing online customer acquisition campaigns for fast growing, entrepreneurial company that relies heavily on e-commerce for its direct response marketing activities
- Measurable experience in paid and organic search, affiliate programs, comparison shopping engines, email and other online programs
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a quantity of valuable new customers within the framework of ROI goals, as a key part of a successful business enterprise
- Ability to create the strategic direction of increasing ecommerce activity from a variety of online media channels to expand market share
- Ability to effectively manage range of vendors and to integrate activities with offline programs
- Skills in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) along with strong PC skills that include Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint
- Minimum of B.A or B.S. required. MBA viewed favorably
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1321 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Search our site for more ecommerce jobs in your city or specialty: