EVERETT, WA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We’re working with Zumiez in their search for an Search Engine Marketing Manager based in Everett, WA. Zumiez is a leading specialty retailer of action sports related apparel, footwear, equipment and accessories. Zumiez stores cater to young men and women between ages 12-24, focusing on skateboarding, surfing, snowboarding, motocross and BMX. As of November 27, 2010, Zumiez operated 400 stores, which are primarily located in shopping malls,and a web site: www.zumiez.com.
Zumiez.com is evolving into a world-class E-commerce website and a powerful sales tool for the Zumiez store staff. What they need now is an experienced and capable Ecommerce Search Marketing Manager to jump on board and help show them the way. Zumiez has an exciting growth plan and a long list of engaging projects set for 2010 and beyond.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
Zumiez is looking for a Search Marketing Manager who knows the e-Commerce space; has hands on experience implementing and managing search marketing campaigns; understands cross-channel retail, the analytics associated with this space; and wants to roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done.
As part of a small, dynamic team, the new Search Marketing Manager (SEM) will be expected to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. He/she must be self-motivated, flexible, and capable of handling both tactical and strategic assignments. He/she must be very organized; detail-oriented; tenacious yet tactful; a strong problem solver; and able to work well under pressure. Most of all, he/she must be passionate about growth, retailing, merchandising, marketing, customer service and managing e-commerce search campaigns and processes that drive results.
This role will be responsible for the internal development and optimization of paid search engine marketing campaigns for ZUMIEZ Inc. The position will be ultimately responsible for building and managing paid search program and will be managed to specific top line and bottom line metrics, as well as the ability to deliver projects and execute/improve processes core to the management of the channel.
The SEM Manager will work with colleagues running paid search campaigns, and need to be an expert in paid search best practices. ZUMIEZ is known in the action sports channel and continuing it brand growth, this position will benefit from a wide exposure to online marketing techniques and channels.
- Responsible for sales and profit for the Search Marketing program. Develop annual, monthly and weekly budgets. Secure funding for program. Drive agreed upon financial expectations.
- Execute & “own” paid search campaigns across multiple engines, demographics, brands and multiple geographies to ensure the company’s specific goals are met.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of paid search campaigns including keyword generation, ad copy writing and testing, bid management, landing page optimization, budget management etc.
- Manage & maintain relationships with internal customers/partners to communicate campaign performance/progress to goals.
- Assist in the development & refinement of paid search strategy & best practices.
- Gather actionable data from various sources to ensure consistent and continual optimization of the campaigns.
- Generate and disseminate management reporting to ensure that the wider team is aware of campaign performance trends.
- Consume data from tracking providers and search agencies (e.g. Google) and work to ensure that the tracking data is used effectively to the benefit of the campaign.
- Manage relationships with search engines & partners to further optimize ZUMIEZ Inc. search marketing campaigns.
- Must be knowledgeable and passionate about Search Marketing.
- Must be of a technical and analytical mindset. Experience working with data sets and Google Analytics will be advantageous.
- Direct experience of managing complex paid search campaigns and demonstrated repeated success in driving deep insights from smaller programs.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- University Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in search engine marketing or other analytical online marketing
- 3-5 years experience in an ecommerce or multi-channel retailer
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Allan for packet #1281 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.