We are currently working with OnlineShoes.com to find a Director of Ecommerce Marketing to join their team in Seattle, WA.
The Director of Ecommerce Marketing is responsible for the customer experience and site merchandising with a key goal to maximize overall conversion rates. This role is also a key driver of advancing the usability, structure and functionality of the entire site.
This role is responsible for leading the design of product placement on the company website, as well as the development of on-site campaigns regarding product collections (product stories), brands, trends, new launches, and sale/promotional events.
This work is done in collaboration with the buying leadership to ensure successful product selections for collections, the key source of new product story and trend ideas that influencer the placement of site campaigns.
The role is responsible for leading breakthrough new website functionality or usability improvements in partnership with IT. This involves phases of brainstorm, concept, business case design, testing, launch and post-audit.
This leader drives the communication and reinforcement of the Onlinehoes.com key brand value messages on our website and designs the core planning calendar in collaboration with leaders of marketing channels and production.
This role is a key partner to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) in regards to executing strategy, participating in growth initiatives, and directing the management of the web/media producing team.
Key Result Areas:
- Manage the web content and projects related to the website.
- Responsible for influencing the customer experience for the entire line of online services, products, and programs to increase conversion, average order value, and gross margin results.
- Capable at an expert level in the use of web analytics and A/B testing approaches to help identify opportunity areas, to judge the effectiveness of our site merchandising and creative and to facilitate tests for key projects.
- Improve business processes by collaborating with clients, colleagues, and other internal functional teams.
- Responsible for overseeing marketing programs as relates to product placement and customer behavior on our website.
- Establish, plan, direct and implement the user interface standards and design of the website.
- Lead campaigns that are developed with the merchant and marketing teams to ensure quality product groups are selected to meet the campaign goal and the ranking/ presentation order of site merchandising.
- Optimize the navigation and classification of the website in partnership with the buying team.
- Key responsibility for the development of a content cycle strategy that clarifies when elements of the site should be updated.
- Key responsibility for improving site usability and adding best of class rich media and interactive tools.
- Responsible for the development of landing pages and landing strategies for all inbound media.
- Partner with CRM in the development of similar campaigns to be executed within catalog’s and emails.
- Lead the development of AB testing, web analytics and insights into customer behavior on the web site.
- Lead site improvement projects as the business partner with IT (business case development, business documentation requirements, and user testing approaches).
Experience & Education:
- 7+ years Ecommerce current marketing experience specifically for a B-to-C internet retailer, with deep exposure to product merchandising concepts.
- Experience driving demand, conversion and owning the complete online customer experience and how that impacts revenue.
- Experience managing an aggressive core planning marketing/campaign calendar.
- Experience leading internal and external business partners to include site upgrades, changes, AB testing, product placement, trend and behavioral customer analysis, and conversion.
- Experience managing direct reports with the ability to mentor and develop success factors for continued growth.
- Ability to stay flexible and agile in fast paced and ever changing work environment.
- Ability to team with others, deal positively with ambiguity, and drive results.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or related field required.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1126 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Search our site for more ecommerce jobs in your city or specialty: