INDIANAPOLIS, IN – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with Actegy Health in its search for a world-class Ecommerce Manager to be based in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Founded in 2003, Actegy Health is a family-owned business headquartered in Bracknell, England, where it develops and designs all of its products, including its hugely popular REVITIVE Circulation Booster.
Ranked as one of the UK’s fastest growing companies and directly operating in over 10 countries, Actegy Health’s growth has been driven by using significant TV advertising to drive direct-to-consumer sales and retailers such as chain pharmacies, consumer electronics stores and e-tailers (Amazon). The North American corporate office is based in Indianapolis.
REVITIVE, Actegy’s flagship brand, is a range of drug-free medical devices for people suffering with aches and pains in their legs and feet. Using clinically-proven Electrical Muscle Stimulation, REVITIVE actively improves circulation, relieves aches and pains, and strengthens leg muscles. All devices have been FDA Cleared with no prescription necessary, have been independently tested in clinical trials and have hundreds of five star online reviews.
Having sold millions of REVITIVE devices around the world, Actegy Health is expanding fast given its strong commitment to help people relieve their aches and pains drug-free so they can keep active and continue doing the things they love.
About the Role
This is a newly created role that for the most part is all about converting the highly qualified traffic that will come to REVITIVE.com and REVITIVE.ca as the result of TV advertising. Now obviously, Actegy buys media in other places like magazines, so this job is not ONLY converting TV passersby into buyers. But converting TV-driven mobile and desktop searches is a major component of this job.
Which is why we’re looking for someone who can look at the numbers and figure out what’s working. And what’s not. For example, Actegy just signed the global sports icon Billie Jean King as REVITIVE’s USA and Canada spokesperson. As the firm ramps up ad investment as well as the number of TV networks airing its ads, we will be looking to you to optimize the sites for conversion, continually looking to drive that extra .5% while you create, manage and drive more effective marketing promotions.
This includes optimizing Amazon.com, Amazon.ca and online marketplaces like eBay.
Actegy’s target customers tend to skew older, so this role initially won’t involve much customer engagement on social platforms. First and foremost, this job is about online selling, which means taking large volumes of warm leads coming off the back of traditional media and making sure that Actegy maxes out its web sales as a result of that.
Actegy spends a fair amount of money to acquire each lead and you’ll be tasked with keeping as many people in the funnel as possible. We’re talking about exit-intent stuff. We’re talking about basket-abandon stuff. We’re talking about re-marketing. This role is about keeping as many engaged potential buyers in the funnel as possible — and helping them convert as a result.
Eventually it’ll be up to you to ask “Now that we’ve built a large database of people who have inquired about REVITIVE, how can we mine the file for new opportunities?” You should expect to pull together 60, 90, and 120-day plans around both quick wins and longer term wins involving onsite optimizations, customer retention, and customer lifetime value.
You’ll even be involved with media optimization; working with the Marketing Director and Actegy’s media agency. Together, you’ll be analyzing what’s being driven collectively, where Actegy’s marketing spend can be rationalized across more brands and activities, and asking “How can we tie these channels together to really optimize what’s being done?”
Is this the right next role for you?
It could be if you have demonstrated success executing marketing and direct sales campaigns within profitable ecommerce websites and want to put those skills to work launching new consumer products and driving a strong ROI. Also, you could be the right person if you thrive when driving business results and managing the complexity of digital campaigns.
You’ll need to be hands-on with agency partners and love real-time analytics. You’ll need to know your numbers and use them to best respond to customer behavior to drive sales, increase conversion, and improve the customer shopping experience. And obviously, you MUST have a ‘fire in the belly’ for doing great work as you take Actegy’s brands across the USA and Canada to the next level.
If that describes you, then ring us up!
As usual, we spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — whether your recruiter wants you to know about them or not!
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. (There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.)
- The top KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary insight share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT Kelley Newsome for this info at (423) 748-0660.
Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, and other teams to execute digital strategies.
- Proactively develop, own, and and drive initiatives for the US and Canadian markets.
- Drive profitable online sales growth
- Ensure that all sites deliver the best shopping experience for Actegy’s customers
- Report on merchandising performance via weekly/monthly dashboards and ad-hoc analysis.
- Manage the firm’s SEM agency as they execute campaigns and promotions that meet Actegy’s ROAS minimums
- Optimize all sites for customer experience and conversion KPIs
- Use analytics and user feedback best practices to improve the performance of all websites
- “Put on the mind of the customer” throughout their purchase journey in order to optimize Actegy’s conversion funnel
- Improve the sites’ “add to cart” rate by identifying and executing relevant A/B tests
- Monitor online competitor sites for best practices, opportunities for disruption, etc.
- Determine promotional strategies, develop and execute a 12-month promotional calendar
- Own and optimize the promotions calendar, collaborating with creative and marketing teams to execute it
- Manage the implementation of all site updates and optimization of the brands’ Magento Ecommerce websites, Amazon A+ Content, and eBay Marketplace
- Develop and execute motivating promotions to support seasonal priorities; review performance and ROI, and determine implications/recommendations for future campaigns
- Minimum education level = Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2+ years experience working in Ecommerce or conversion focused websites
- Track record of commercial success in ecommerce with focus on increasing engagement and conversion
- Strong analytical skills with ability to make data-led decisions are a must
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively and concisely communicate
- Prior experience with site analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and resourceful
- Must have an ability to solve problems yourself and not rely on agencies to do it for you. You must be an innovative, relentless and agile ‘problem solver’; not a ‘project manager’
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision, and influence those around you positively to get things done
- Proven success working in a small but fast paced environment
- Proven organization skills
- Must have an ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Kelley Newsome. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Kelley for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.