NEW YORK CITY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest NY SEO jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with DecorPlanet.com in their search for an SEO / Content Marketing Manager base in New York City. DecorPlanet.com specializes in the retail, wholesale, and ecommerce merchandising of luxury home bathroom products – including vanities, faucets, cabinets, mirrors, shower panels, and a variety of other contemporary bathroom items.
DecorPlanet.com operates three stores in New York City, and ecommerce has helped it gain exposure nationwide. The firm enjoys close relationships with a number of best in class plumbing fixture manufacturers, and its Fresca private-label brand of bathroom fixtures can be seen on sites like HomeDepot.com and Wayfair, Lowes, and Build.com among others.
As you can imagine, the market for bathroom fixtures is HUGE.
The plumbing and heating supplies industry is a $54 billion behemoth, and its buyers include both B2B contractors and subcontractors as well as DIY oriented retail consumers. The B2B Side of the industry relies heavily on downstream demand from construction and renovation work, and given America’s improving economy and low interest rates — the industry is expected to grow at a rate of 4.2% through Q1 2017. Sweet!
In light of the U.S.’s improving unemployment picture, homeowners are finally warming to the idea of kitchen and bath remodeling. Housing starts are up as well. Naturally, this trend has been a boon to plumbing fixture supplier margins, which is a blessed thing for firm’s like DecorPlantet.com. Moreover, changing homeowner preferences have also helped boost demand for some of the industry’s higher-margin products, particularly high-efficiency plumbing fixtures and insulated pipes, valves and fittings.
And there’s more good news …
According to IBIS World, strong demand from the home improvement and new construction markets will continue to bolster industry performance, with industry revenue expected to rise at an annualized rate of 2.3% to $60.8 billion over the five years to 2021. Residential remodeling and new construction will continue to lead growth, with the value of construction expected to rise an annualized 4.1% during the five-year period. The industry will continue to consolidate as larger operators acquire smaller competitors, with the number of operators forecast to rise just 0.2% per year on average over the next five years.
About the Role
This role is all about improving DecorPlanet.com’s position in search engines. A couple of years ago, DecorPlanet.com dominated the Google SERP’s for terms like bath and vanity. But since then, etailers like HomeDepot, Lowes, and Wayfair have elbowed their way onto DecorPlanet’s turf. Grrr! It will fall to you to diagnose and remedy this situation, which as you can imagine is a very big job.
By my reckoning, DecorPlanet’s site has several hundred thousand pages on it, and usually sites that large aren’t doing page level optimization. The firm is using agency partners to assist with SEO, and your job will be to optimize DecorPlanet.com’s return on SEO. True, you will be managing an agency relationship — but we’ll expect you to actually KNOW how to manage complex SEO projects.
This role is WAAAAY too important to entrust to someone who’s only claim to fame is “agency management.”
As usual, my team and I have a monster amount of intel the chair with highly qualified candidates about this role. If you’re interested in this position, you definitely don’t want to apply without this information. Simply text “[your name] + Decor Planet” to 404-281-2025. Or, simply apply for the position at the bottom of the page. Either way, we look forward to chatting with you about this great opportunity!
- Drive revenue and sales growth through the successful implantation of SEO optimization and digital marketing initiatives
- Analyze website and web analytics and identify opportunities to optimize content, user experience and keyword rankings
- Build organic search traffic through white-hat SEO techniques, such as on-site optimization, link building and local SEO
- Develop, monitor and evaluate web analytics dashboards and KPI reports in order to develop and recommend SEO strategies
- Keep up-to-date with SEO trends and tools
- Analyze and assess website and campaign performance analytics
- Provide ongoing reporting, analysis and recommendations
- Assist in building content marketing strategies
- Strong understanding of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) process
- 3+ years of experience with demonstrated results in working with on- and off-page SEO, including keyword research, title tags, meta data, image alt tags, link building, and more
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in multiple CMS environments
- Strong SEO content writing skills
- Experience with common SEO tools and Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of recent local and Google+ algorithm changes and how to optimize for them
- Strong technical skills in analytics and data-driven thinking
- Perform and manage in-depth keyword research
- Up-to-date on latest online marketing trends and changes
- Experience working with A/B testing and heat-mapping tools preferred
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven atmosphere
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Preference for Google Partner Certifications such as Google Analytics.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Kelley Newsome. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Kelley for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.