METRO ATLANTA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
We are working with North Atlanta-based importer and manufacturer seeks to take their pure play ecommerce business to the next level. Ever been to Atlanta? I was born and raised there, and it rocks …
If you’ve spent any time in Atlanta, you’ve no doubt heard of this client. We’ve worked with them before and find them to be terrifically nice folks operating a world-class business in a well-established market. The client’s parent company has been around for decades, and they’re totally committed to the ecommerce channel.
Pure play sales at clientsite.com are just 5% of the firm’s total ecom revenue, with the balance coming from sales of their products through others on Amazon.
The company is doing some reorganizing, and the fellow who previously held this role is being dedicated to planning, product sourcing, and customer service. Your job is to pick up the slack in sales, site operations, and conversion rate optimization.
Due to the large number of SKUs on clientsite.com, as of this writing all content- and merchandising management will be a collaborative effort. When you see the website, you’ll notice a dearth of content (articles, videos, etc.). Don’t sweat it. It’ll get better.
At a high level, will expect you to have an impact in the following 5 areas:
- Organic search – While this role will touch off-site SEO issues, the bulk of this job involves on-site issues like optimizing on-page elements for SEO and creating SEO-friendly product pages that convert.
- Paid search – This is a big pain point. After 8 months with their agency, the client feels an urgent need to get much better efficiency out of what they’re doing. The client is currently spending $30,000 per month on Adwords (at BELOW breakeven), which they feel is extremely aggressive for a site their size. They’d like candidates to understand that this investment is a key indicator of just how committed they are to making ecommerce work.
- Ecommerce platform management – The client is using Magento and is experiencing some issues with their external developer. Get ready to squash some bugs. The client will be implementing a new version of Magento in the near future, so the more you know about this platform – the better.
- Website performance and monitoring – This area is a bleeding artery. The client’s top IT people are involved in testing now, and the site is taking forever to load. CDM is being implemented this week, which should help things considerably. Soon performance won’t be too much of an issue, but we’re looking for someone who understands how to optimize an ecommerce site’s performance. In your first 100 days, the goal is to get page load times decreased by 40–60%.
- Merchandising – Better work needs to be done here as it pertains to getting the client’s product to show up on category pages. Currently, the client feels that conversion rates aren’t nearly where they should be, and better merchandising should help improve them.
Can you make a difference in these areas?
As usual, we have a crazy amount of proprietary information to share with HIGHLY QUALIFIED candidates regarding this client’s industry, culture, underlying economics, and ecommerce strategy. Our market research alone for this search exceeds 50 pages!! Believe me, you don’t want to apply without this intel. To request this packet of research, CLICK HERE. Or simply use the link at the bottom of this page.
- Manage ecommerce functions including optimizing conversion, supporting acquisition and lead generation efforts and overseeing customer experience.
- Collaboration with cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of eCommerce Sales & Marketing, including advertising, keyword management, promotional calendar and marketplace expansion.
- Participate in the development and execution of strategic and tactical business plans with other members of the cross-functional team supporting the eCommerce strategy
- Manage the user experience of the website including site navigation, content presentation, checkout funnel and promotional campaigns
- Working closely with key managers, oversee the effective planning, QA and execution of content across the websites and online marketing campaigns to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of all web content publishing
- Manage all aspects of web analytics related to eCommerce and communicate relevant information to team members, executive leadership and cross-functional partners
- Build and direct a cohesive team of internal and external personnel to effectively develop eCommerce solutions
- Generate and implement new sales and marketing initiatives to increase eCommerce sales and profitability
- Identify new areas of eCommerce opportunity beyond current organizational thinking
- Authoritative control of site design and improvements required to increase user participation.
- Identify site development opportunities and drive developers to accomplish prioritized goals within approved timeframes
- Monitor site performance, identify and implement speed enhancements to optimize user experience
- Development and optimization of user testing methodologies to enhance site UI
- Minimum of 3 years of ecommerce management/leadership experience
- A clear, broad and deep understanding of online retail and marketing practices
- Proven experience with Magento 1.0 (Enterprise preferred) including extension selection, site analytics and optimization
- Extensive knowledge of e-commerce technology and sophisticated analytics
- Must thrive in an open cross-functional team environment
- Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting test results & drawing conclusions
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Kelley Newsome. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Kelley for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.