NEW YORK CITY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest NY ecommerce Jobs around!
We are working with PexCard in their search for a world-class Website Marketing Manager based in New York City.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: The day of this search’s kickoff call, I needed gas for my Honda Odyssey. So on the way to pick up my kids from school, I pulled into a convenience store. Thirsty, I ran inside for a 20 oz Diet Mountain Dew. In line with me were 3 guys who had piled out of a refueling landscaping truck to come inside to buy an arm load of chips, sodas, and a pickled pigs foot. When it was their turn to pay, the shift supervisor put the entire purchase on his credit card.
My guess is that their company paid for the whole thing — chips and all.
As the owner of a small business, that got my attention. I’m a pretty nice guy, but I’m not inclined to “foot” the bill on such purchases. I would have paid for the fuel — but the snacks? Normally, no. Which brings me to the concept behind the PEX Card.
Founded in 2007, PEX Card is a business prepaid card company launched specifically to help companies streamline employee expense management. As the prepaid card industry’s first turnkey commercial card program, the PEX Prepaid Visa Card program provides customers with online tools for budgeting and controlling prefunded deposits that employees use for daily spending. PEX Card can limit transactions by category, size, and geography. Very cool.
Through business prepaid card transactions, the PEX Card Service provides visibility into cash flow while simultaneously maximizing oversight and managing risk. With 24/7 access from computers or mobile devices anywhere, administrators can control purchases by all approved cardholders — so business owners don’t end up paying for maverick outlays.
A quick rundown of PEX Card’s benefits include:
- Integration: Companies can leverage the PEX API for custom implementations that tie right into expense management systems.
- Upfront pricing: Unlike cards for consumer use, PEX Cards come with no fees beyond the monthly maintenance — and even that is waived for heavy users.
- Streamlined reporting: Where traditional reporting means financial officers need to collect receipts, put together reconciliations and generate reports, PEX Card’s streamlined reporting allows financial officers to instantly see the expenses and generate automated responses.
- Petty cash made easy: The process of dispensing cash can be complex and carries risks. By switching to the PEX card, employers make paying for fuel and food expenses easier.
Rated A+ by the BBB, PEX Card has gotten loads of press in media outlets like The Street, USA Today, Inc., Business2Community, TechCrunch, and more. These folks actually have 15K likes on Facebook. When’s the last time you “liked” a debit card on Facebook? (Never, right?)
It’s a great time to be a prepaid debit card provider.
Since 2010 the industry has enjoyed strong growth as the U.S. economy’s slow recovery actually played to this industry’s strength: For small-to-midsized businesses, the Durbin Amendment drove up banking fees which made prepaid cards more attractive. Additionally, growth in online retail purchases by SMBs have stoked demand for prepaid cards in order to complete online transactions. Through 2020 industry revenue is expected to grow at an average annual rate of 10.2% to $9.2 billion. Giddy up!
About the Role
Reporting directly to the VP of Digital Marketing, the Website Marketing Manager will be responsible for optimizing the website performance with A/B and multivariate testing, managing maintenance and content updates, leading the planning and development for website enhancements and coordinating release schedules. The primary goals of the Website Marketing Manager will be to improve the user experience and increase conversion rates.
Sounds like a great gig, right?
As usual, we have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. (My industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages!)
If you have the passion for email and inbound marketing and a strong desire to work in an entrepreneurial culture, this could be the right role for you. For more information about this role, the company, and the industry — hit me up below.
- Develop and execute corporate website strategy.
- Develop and maintain an integrated user experience across all PEX platforms including mobile apps and admin sites.
- Gain a deep understanding of PEX business and growth goals and translate into an optimization roadmap consisting of ongoing testing and user experience improvements.
- Support new website development and migration and manage vendor relationships.
- Fully leverage Kentico to personalize the site experience for a myriad of audiences.
- Ensure that messaging and positioning are aligned with brand voice.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources including designers, user experience experts and web developers to produce site enhancements.
- Build wireframes and site maps to manage creative production.
- Analyze data to understand user behavior and be able to “tell the story” of the customer journeys.
- Present learning and analysis to a variety of stakeholders including C-suite.
- Collaborate with IT team to negotiate resource availability and release schedule.
- Work within the marketing team to shape and evolve brand guidelines.
- Project management skills including the ability to understand objectives, identify stakeholders, and plan steps to accomplish goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Develop and manage business requirements documentation.
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATION
- 4+ years experience in online marketing, user experience, and/or user interface design.
- 2+ years creating wireframes and managing design comp creation.
- Experience running A/B, multivariate and behavioral targeting tests.
- Expert understanding of web analytics.
- Proven track record with using SEO best practices.
- Ad agency experience preferred.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.