HOUSTON, TEXAS or REMOTE – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
ALLAN’S COMMENTS: We are working with a major firearms and accessories retailer in its search for a world-class SR. SEO Manager based in Houston, Texas or remote, depending on your location.
Read this next part carefully:
This position can be REMOTE for candidates not in Houston. Some travel to Houston would be expected. Houston based candidates would be expected to be in the office.
To get this job, it is not required that you already be a firearm owner (or that you own one in the future), but you definitely need to learn and embrace the space.
Due to my clients heavy reliance on SEO this is a prime opportunity for an SEO Strategist to shine and have a ton of visibility to upper management and across the organization.
I’ve worked with this client on a number of occasions and have nothing but amazing things to say about their leadership team, position in the market, and opportunities for growth. This is not an organization that’s sitting on its hands. This team is constantly looking for ways to grow and expand their reach. All of which lead to a ton of job stability and security!
You’ll report to the VP of Ecommerce who I placed and who is also a total rock star!
About the Role
Our client’s mission is simple: To provide the highest quality, most affordably priced firearms, optics, and accessories to enthusiasts, professional shooters, servicemen and women. The company has been around for decades, and they are one of the leading and most-respected brands in the industry.
They are extremely well-diversified across 1/ DTC, 2/ private label, 3/ optics, 4/ shared services, 5/ government, and 6/ wholesale. We were knocked out by how much inventory they maintain, as well as their transparency during our kickoff calls.
The firm has a VERY large ecom site with thousands of products and thousands of pages.
Because of they’re in a regulated industry Paid Media isn’t an option for driving traffic. Thus, making Organic Traffic a CRITICAL part of their business. SEO equates to almost 50% of their traffic and revenue. This role presents an excellent opportunity for an A-player to own and build upon the most important channel within their digital mix.
You’ll be responsible for owning the SEO strategy from end to end along with managing a small team and an agency dedicated strictly to your efforts. We’re definitely looking for someone who is able to roll up their sleeves when needed but this role will be more focused on the strategy, vision and roadmap. You’ll need to be able to manage execution through others on your team along with cross functional teams (creative and IT).
As the Sr. SEO Manager you’ll lead the development and execution of E-commerce SEO marketing strategies, including, but not limited to, SEO, Content, SEM, and UI/UX.
Considerable emphasis on driving our SEO metrics, acquiring new and retaining existing customers, along with content development. The ideal candidate has substantial experience leading an enterprise-level, eCommerce-focused SEO marketing program, with a proven track record of driving results and delivering the best customer experience.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Allan Seibert, at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops & executes SEO strategies based on traffic and trends, meeting and exceeding projected monthly/quarterly goals.
- Management of the SEO Team and agency.
- Maintains all aspects of technical SEO across all digital properties.
- Uses a data-driven approach to develop & implement strategies which improve SEO rankings against the competition for high revenue and high-volume keywords.
- Uses cutting-edge SEO techniques to preserve/protect current top rankings of specific keywords and improve the rest.
- Has a thorough knowledge of and expertise in search rankings and optimization factors and critical algorithm updates; promptly act in response to new indexing algorithms/Google updates.
- Leads the process for defining our SEO channel strategies: keyword strategy, gap analysis, dynamic-page templates, metric strategies, acquiring backlinks, etc.
- Proactively monitors and reduces all website SEO issues.
- Creates and manages a comprehensive plan for an enterprise SEO program (year/season/month/week), to support overall digital marketing goals.
- Conducts extensive testing of title and meta-tag strategy and build a knowledge base that drives future improvements.
- Works with Merchandising Team to execute and set up SEO campaigns for new keyword initiatives.
- Optimizes product listings to drive sales by working with the technology team to enhance images, content, features, promos, and selling pages.
- Partners with technology team to identify and prioritize site bug fixes and new site enhancements to build out the site user experience roadmap across all platforms.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to understand our industry, marketplace, including competition, consumer behavior/demands, and demographics.
- Demonstrated deep expertise in SEO strategy, including on-page, off-page, and technical subject areas.
- Management skills; demonstrated ability to manage a high-performing in-house SEO team.
- Expertise working with leading SEO technologies (e.g., SEMrush, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, Moz, Bright Edge, etc.)
- Advanced Excel level.
- Expertise in content copywriting, including product.
- At least five years of developing and executing search engine organic campaigns to generate leads.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
- Knowledge on NetSuite SuiteCommerce preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA a plus).
- 5-7 years’ experience of enterprise SEO.
- 2+ years leading an enterprise SEO team
- 3 – 5 years of professional writing experience in an agency, manufacturer, media, publishing or public relations business a plus.
- Must have Ecommerce experience.
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.