New York, NY – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with a world-famous (yes, you’ve heard of them) manufacturer, importer, and brand marketer of bedding and window products in their search for a Sr. Manager, Ecommerce Accounts based in NYC.
Before I get cranked up: Please know that this job will require you to work onsite NEAR the Empire State Building Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of every week. Sorry, no exceptions.
Still with me? Good! Here we go …
Established in 1976, our client boasts an impressive array of manufacturing, sourcing, and operational platforms. You can find their products at most retailers in North America; they’re a big part of the private brands there.
They even have their own national brands, available at department stores, national chain and discount stores, off-price stores, mattress stores, bedding specialty shops, hospitality businesses, warehouse clubs, and home centers.
Beyond its vast US scope, the client has significant Chinese operations in manufacturing, sourcing, product development, quality control, and design. Additionally, the firm maintains in-house sourcing, quality control, and design capabilities in Pakistan plus in-house sourcing and product development ops in India.
The folks are the real deal.
The client needs a first-rate Sr. Manager, Ecommerce Accounts to deliver on its Amazon 1P objectives in net sales, profitability, market share, and trade & marketing investment. You’ll be tasked with strengthening the company’s position and influence as its customer’s preferred Amazon Seller by providing category-specific solutions with the firm’s brands in the Window, Fashion Bedding, and Utility Bedding categories.
The role requires leadership and negotiation skills to manage the Amazon channel, with a strong need for tactical support to handle quality issues, Amazon rules and regulations, and listing availability.
The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of both the company’s business and Amazon Vendor Central while being dedicated to managing the Amazon business full-time. The role is fraught with issues related to blocking and tackling while also giving the right candidate a high-profile platform to showcase their day-to-day expertise in growing a strategically sensitive opportunity.
Just as important to your growth, you will be working with highly intelligent colleagues who are very dialed into this channel.
According to senior management, the company is just scratching the surface of Amazon, given its 47-year history. The company has an outstanding brand portfolio and needs to “just add talent” to maximize the Amazon opportunity. This job is about hunkering down and making that happen, particularly as it pertains to catalog management, forecasting, marketing spend, holding yourself and others accountable, business planning, and above all else …
… making it happen
That means being laser-focused on your assortment and your catalog. At some point, there may be some promotional and advertising program management associated with this role, though currently those things are outsourced. Regardless, you can expect routine exposure the Compliance, Warehouse, Operations, and Customer Service teams.
Are YOU the right candidate for this job?
This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who’s 4-5 years into their career and has an established track record on Amazon. Within 3-4 years with this client, you might grow into roles in 1/ online merchandising, 2/ omnichannel account management, or possible 3/ digital marketing. But you’ve got to earn it.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Harry Joiner, at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Manage strategic partnership with Amazon including developing a Joint Business Plan that addresses assortment, promotional planning, marketing opportunities, budgeting, and execution.
- Set and execute account strategy and be the voice of the customer within our organization.
- Manage launch strategy and execution plan of all innovation (items and new brands) with effective project management to drive successful roll outs.
- Deliver monthly sales forecast and drive growth and profit by managing assortment mix, promotion planning, marketing activities and other financial drivers.
- Collaborate with Demand Planning and Supply Chain to ensure optimal inventory supply and delivery.
- Closely work with the broader eCommerce functions, including Innovation, Content, Sales Analyst, 3P Agencies, Supply Chain, Deductions team, key internal stakeholders, and others to help drive sustainable growth of the firm’s business.
REQUIRED SKILLS OR EDUCATION
- Prior Amazon account management experience required, retail experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA degree a plus
- 5+ years of retail, CPG or account management experience, including working with online customers
- Track record of profitable growth
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and presentation skills
- General business management knowledge
- Financial acumen
- Relationship building skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.