Apply Now Amazon
HOME BASED – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest home based ecommerce jobs around!
As our client’s Ecommerce Manager, we’re looking for a rising star who can take the client’s Amazon FBA business and run with it. Even though the firm is an established branded manufacturer with a large wholesale business, it’s having issues keeping the Buy Box on Amazon. For branded manufacturers, selling hundreds of SKUs on Amazon can be really complicated.
The client has issues with its ecommerce supply chain, and it needs an A-player (like YOU) to un-kink it. The company is using an agency to assist with AMS, and you’ll be expected to 1.) work with them to increase the sales of best-selling items; 2.) launch new products, 3.) move ASINs into adjacent categories, 4.) clear out excess inventory, 5.) target share-gaining competitors, and 6.) find white space to build the business.
That’s a lot of responsibility!
According to this role’s hiring manager, “We want this role to be a quasi-GM on top of our FBA business. We envision the new hire having tons of autonomy / authority to set pricing, manage margins, manage promotions, influence the channel’s PPC campaigns, manage inventory, lead customer service, improve our ratings and reviews, and more. We’re not a bureaucratic company. We operate like a start up. We want this person to take the business in it and grow it.”
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT Harry Joiner at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Take on ownership and act as main point of contact from an Account Management perspective for Amazon FBA on behalf of the client. Seek out ways to grow the business and advise on AMS/PPC and marketing promotional strategies (ie: Coupon, Early Reviewer Program, Lightening Deals, etc.).
- Manage replenishment & demand planning for Amazon FBA accounts, both domestically and internationally. Recommend and assist with coordination of direct shipments into Amazon from overseas suppliers. Ensure activity is captured into the client’s ERP and reflected correctly from an Accounting standpoint.
- Push Product Optimization Management (POM) initiative which focuses on listing/product optimization & enhancement.
- Optimize imagery, content (A+/EBC), pricing, etc. with the goal of driving sales growth at optimal margin targets for ALL business – Amazon legacy, Amazon FBA and dropship customers. Work with 3rd party resources and internal teams to complete.
- Act as customer-facing resource with both drop ship and Amazon contacts with the goal of enhancing margin profile and growing assortment online. Participate in terms negotiations and develop strategic tactics to grow accounts in partnership with the customer.
- Drive follow up and action within the business to push the needle on delivery of new product development for Ecommerce. Examine the Ecommerce landscape to identify gaps in the client’s assortment. Develop pricing models that meet company requirements. Develop a consistent and robust pipeline of new assortment for addition to our Ecommerce offering for the client’s business.
- Assists with Supply Chain outsourcing projects including cross docking, new distributor set ups, and any other project designed to optimize the company’s ability to deliver product to the end consumer. Assist with pricing quotations and models cost implications by utilizing third parties
- Deliver weekly & daily reporting with status updates on Ecommerce sales performance, specifically for Amazon FBA and all aspects of the client’s ecommerce business
- Work with Supply Chain regularly to provide insights on key ecommerce sales variances to ensure demand plans and purchasing are aligned. Utilize 3rd party resource tools to address competitor pricing issues, mitigate 3P interference, address offline assortment issues, etc. Take action in addressing issues that may be affecting sales opportunities.
- Deliver annual sales budget for Amazon FBA business. This is a multi-paged well-developed deliverable outlining all puts and takes and also considering pricing strategies being implemented
- Assist in building out marketing strategies to grow the client’s business including but not limited to the email marketing promotions, SEO optimization, and social strategies (Facebook, Instagram) in order to optimize reach and grow sales via the Shopify channel; assist in the management of 3rd party resources the client’s brands.
- Assists in building out foundation for the client’s ecommerce drop ship expansion on a global scale.
- Stay abreast of top competitors and new strategies/approaches and trends within the industry; also continued focus on learning new strategies as it pertains to various eCommerce platforms
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.force.com.