Apply Now Confidential
NORTH CHICAGO – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Ecommerce Merchandising Manager jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with a well known brand in their search for an Ecommerce Merchandising Manager based in North Metro Chicago.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll have a chance to make a very solid contribution to a healthy, growing company. Like many branded manufacturers, the client is doubling down on their digital commerce business. This is a new role, and what will ultimately be your responsibilities are now being managed by a handful of people on the team.
The client will expect you to improve product data quality through proper attribution which will allow search and category facets to allow customers to find relevant subsets of products on the site.
Beyond that, you’ll be responsible for insuring that the company’s relevant products are easily found on the web, as well as improving the site’s taxonomy such that the team can go below more than one level category while implementing deeper menus with expanded navigation.
Don’t be surprised if doing this requires modifying the site’s taxonomy, reassigning products to different categories, and then merchandising all new pages. Obviously, the idea is that all content would engage and inspire consumers only to the extent that it’s integrated well throughout the site. Be prepared to add articles, videos, and guides to any relevant product detail pages, category pages, and more.
You’ll need to see the site through the eyes of the customer.
We’re looking for someone who can bring to the site a better sense of storytelling, which we imagine will result in lower bounce rates, higher conversion, deeper pages, longer times on site, and higher repeat visit rates.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
My partner Allan Seibert and I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce merchandising job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce merchandising job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Review KPI’s for site performance and determine if any issues exist which require prioritization of effort.
- Ensure site is merchandised for promotional email send
- Work through a prioritized list of category and sub category pages needing new merchandising/placement of product.
- Analyze current pages and product performance to be data driven.
- Monitor PIM progress on new products and execute site merchandising if new products are available.
- Monitor current site promotional effectiveness and report on coupon penetration, provide recommendations if needed on changes
- Check with Creative on completion status for next site update, promotion launch, or feature
- Act as Business Owner for customer-facing site enhancements or functionality being implemented by Sr Manager, Web Operations.
- Conduct UAT/QA on any site enhancements, functionality or bug fixes pushed to the live environment.
- Crawl the site and ensure that high volume site pages have no customer facing issues.
- Respond to Customer Service enquiries, questions and support requests
- Communicate planned promotional changes or launches to the greater stakeholder group.
- Meet with Site Search provider: issues, test, site improvements, volume opportunities.
- Correct site content when advised by greater stakeholder group.
- Prior experience with a CMS tool using data driven approaches to merchandising and remerchandising.
- “Merchant” mentality: understand good-better-best, price ladders, competitive differentiation, etc.
- Experience working with a site search provider: SearchSpring, Endeca, etc.
- Solid understanding of how product data informs, powers and limits site merchandising.
- Some evidence of creative thinking and/or working with Creative resources
- Prior experience with a PIM a plus
- Excel skills at least to pivot table and v-look up level
- Google Analytics – must be proficient.
Applications for this ecommerce merchandising job are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.force.com.