ecommercejobs REEDS Jewelers
WILMINGTON, NC – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: In a hurry? No problem! Because as REEDS Jewelers’ new Product Manager, Ecommerce, here’s a quick picture of your future sandbox:
In this role, your job will be to guide, lead, and otherwise oil the gears that will help REEDS transform its digital business in ways that delight its customers — and keep them coming back for more.
Headquartered in the coastal city of Wilmington, NC, REEDS Jewelers is the largest family-owned retail jewelry chain in North America. The 70-year old firm sells diamonds, watches, and a large selection of fine jewelry from top designers in over 65 retail stores across 18 states as well as online at REEDS.com.
REEDS started selling online in 1996 and in 2015 co-developed the world’s first luxury Android smartwatch with LG Electronics, the LG Urbane Luxe. Today, the company even accepts accepts freaking Bitcoin (!!) online and in-store.
Truly, REEDS’ history of embracing change and innovation is unmatched in its industry. For anyone interested in omni-channel product development, REEDS is a great place to be.
About the Market
While the world is shifting under the feet of luxury marketers, diamond jewelry still represents an $80 billion global market annually. In fact, online jewelry growth in the US is twice that of retail stores. Roughly 10% of all US diamond jewelry (by value) is sold online and 40% of all US jewelry purchases are researched online.
And here’s the thing:
Established brands like REEDS can do very well online because diamonds are nature-made and therefore extremely difficult to standardize. Diamond consumers don’t really know who’s certifying their diamonds: It could be a legitimate high-standard laboratory -OR- a lab with lax standards.
Fact is, all labs use the same terminology for color, cut, and clarity — so it’s critical that consumers rely on trusted brands to help them buy the stones that will commemorate the most important decisions of their lives.
That’s where YOU come in.
As REEDS’ Product Manager, you’ll lead the product innovation roadmap for the company with a strong focus on enhancing the definition and growth of enterprise ecommerce technology and platforms. Your primary focus will be the development of the Magento 2 ecommerce platform for REEDS.com and supporting technology that will grow the firm’s ecommerce business.
Inherently, this role will be cross functional — requiring strong collaboration with internal stakeholders, technology providers, agencies and developers. You’ll need to understand how to decrease interdepartmental miscommunications and increase overall productivity.
(There’s no point in building something you can’t sell internally.)
Beyond that, you MUST understand the role of data in the product development process and be able to synthesize technical issues in a way that put REEDS customers first. Put another way: You should see the technology as a means to an end (customer intimacy) rather than an end unto itself. And you’ll need to see the value in getting out of your element to see first hand how your stakeholders truly feel about things.
Do NOT apply for this job if all you are is “bright, shiny object oriented.”
REEDS needs a dynamic, business-oriented product leader with 5+ years of experience in IT project management — ideally with Magento — plus a solid track record managing complex projects with 6+ month timelines and multiple contributing parties.
Again: Exceptional communication and collaboration skills are a must, as are strong organizational capabilities and structured strategic thinking. REEDS offers an entrepreneurial environment, and this position represents an ideal role for a highly motivated self-starter who’s driven to achieve successful outcomes.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
My partner, Allan Seibert, and I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Provides overall leadership, accountability and day-to-day management of e-commerce projects. Coordinates with internal and external project team members and stakeholders.
- Produce market and business requirements, clearly communicating use cases, value proposition and building business cases.
- Oversight of product testing to ensure product releases meet the functionality, performance and quality standards.
- Understands current and future business goals and helps to establish a business case and supporting ROI for desired projects.
- Accountable for managing scope, timeline, quality, and budget for multiple concurrent projects.
- Ensures projects comply with regulatory requirements and corporate policies on PII, PCI and information security.
- Establishes communication plans and provides recurring communication and status reporting to project and executive teams.
- Leads multi-vendor teams and manages SOW commitments, tracks project costs and monitors actual to forecast variance.
- Develops renewal and software upgrade schedules.
- Develops and maintains project documentation including, project plans, project issue log, project change request and decision logs.
- Conducts business affairs in a legal and ethical manner, building a socially conscious
- B.S. IT, MIS, Project Management, or related field
- Project Management Certifications – PMP, MPM (preferred)
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience in IT project management
- Strong knowledge of e-commerce platform implementation experience preferred; OMS, PIM, WMS and similar retail systems’ experience is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of application development & implementation strategies
- Experience managing concurrent large programs in a corporate multi-platform environment with complex dependencies
- Advanced time management & analytical skills
- Strong and inspiring leadership style.
- Advanced skills in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio)
- Experience of managing budgets (Capital projects)
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience communicating technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences