BLACKHAWK seeks an Ecommerce Manager to overhaul its online presence. As an analytically biased ecom marketer, you’ll report directly to the firm’s Senior Director of Marketing as you lead three separate Vista Outdoor site redesigns …
This is a unique opportunity to create an ecommerce strategy that supports BLACKHAWK’s digital revenue streams as the company works to make its products more accessible and appealing. To make this happen, you will be gathering and analyzing site data as you optimize each site’s performance and customer experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for a “jack of all trades” -type ecommerce manager with a deep comfort level in site (and landing page) optimization, wire framing, navigation, online merchandising, and web analytics.
This job is less about DRIVING traffic than it is CONVERTING traffic.
We need you to improve on each site’s UX and marketing funnel while identifying any issues that limit conversion. It’s all about helping the company’s marketing team understand how to connect the dots between content, UX, and customer acquisition. Because, let’s face it: It’s not getting any easier to acquire a customer.
You’ll also be responsible for getting the company’s email programs running like a top. I’m not just talking about spamming its list with cool looking (but vapid) email “blasts.” Heck no! I’m talking about your driving a versatile, multi-purpose, permission based email program that’s so freaking remarkable that your readers would PAY for it (even though it’ll be free).
BOTTOM LINE: Your job is to take each site’s one time shoppers and turn them into lifelong customers.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
My partner, Allan Seibert, and I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Understand and Define Online Revenue Stream Goals and Improvement Processes
- Spearhead Website Redesigns for Three Companies within BLACKHAWK Business Unit
- Stay on Top of Latest eCommerce and Web Trends to Best Serve Our Customers
- Champion and Execute Cutting-Edge and Results-Driven Online Revenue Strategy
- Work Seamlessly with Sales Team in Support of Company Goals
- Identify Firearms-Friendly Web-Based Sales Channels and Strategies
- Integrate with Brand Manager and Product Team to Ensure Successful Launch of New Products
- Communicate Processes and Strategies Clearly to All Stakeholders
- Compile and Relay Data-Driven Reports to Stakeholders on Weekly / Monthly / Quarterly Basis
- Select Key Metrics Against Which to Measure Online Revenue Stream Success
- Develop Mobile-Based Customer Experience to Improve Multi-Platform Site Usage
- Work with Brand Manager to Analyze Success/Impact of Affiliate Marketing, PPC Advertising, Brand Ambassador Program, etc.
- Build Segmented Customer Lists for Targeted Email Campaigns
- Craft Targeted Email Campaigns and Reactive Website Protocols Based Around Consumer Actions
- Perform Regular Spot-Checks Across All Online Revenue Platforms for Quality and Accuracy Assurance
- Provide Digital Support for Online Resellers
- Perform A/B Testing of Email Campaigns, Website Actions, Online Promotions, etc. for to Inform Data-Driven Decisions
- Devise Multi-Channel Marketing Strategy and Ensure Seamless Operations of All Web-Based Revenue Sources Across the Board
- Strong Aptitude for Both Analytical and Creative Thinking
- Proactive Work Style Requiring Minimal Oversight
- Desire to Solve Complex Situations
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Stellar Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to Break Down Complex Procedures and Concepts for Dissemination to Stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Related Field or Equivalent Work Experience
- 5+ Years in eCommerce Management Role with Demonstrable Revenue-Based Results
- Subject Matter Expert re: Understanding How to Drive Desired Customer Actions
- First-Hand Experience Leading Website Redesign and eCommerce Initiatives
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization Best Practices
- Ability to Advise on and Execute Online Advertisement Placement, Spending, and ROI
- Expert Understanding of Multiple CMS Platforms