PHOENIX, AZ – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Phoenix SEO jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with Apex Foot Health in its search for a proven Search Marketing Manager based in always-sunny Phoenix, Arizona.
Headquartered in Teaneck, NJ, Apex Foot Health is a leading global brand for therapeutic footwear. Historically a strictly B2B company focused on delivering the finest-made orthopedic / diabetic shoes to doctors for their patients, Apex has taken its considerable expertise in designing and manufacturing footwear to the consumer market.
A diabetic shoe is simply a shoe that is fabricated to the highest standards of protection, comfort and fit. With its newly expanded focus on the general consumer, Apex Foot continues to offer shoes that feel great and fit better than any other footwear — with styles that appeal to anyone, especially health-conscious consumers.
Apex Foot is backed by Orthotic Holdings International, a leader in durable medical equipment (DME) technologies for healthcare providers who treat diseases and conditions associated with the lower extremities.
Based in Hauppauge, NY, OHI is widely considered to be among the most innovative companies in its field. OHI’s expansion into DTC ecommerce is an exciting adventure for the entire firm. You’ll be joining a very impressive team!
A Focus on Foot Pain and Foot Health
Apex footwear products offer relief from more than 20 types of orthotic maladies but at its core, Apex is the master at alleviating foot pain. That’s an ENORMOUS opportunity for OHI and Apex. There are literally tens of millions of long suffering people who NEED Apex footwear but are not yet aware of the company … which is where YOU come in.
It’s pretty obvious that the market opportunity for ApexFoot is massive. So massive, in fact, that your challenge will be to bucketize the market opportunity. For example, there are degrees of pain. Whose feet really hurt? Well, let’s start here: Who is on their feet all day? Nurses? Flight attendants? Retail salespeople?
How can you capture demand from people who already know what ails them? And what can you do to create demand among foot pain sufferers who don’t yet know what they need?
Like, suppose you target nurses: How exactly do they buy the types of stuff ApexFoot sells? Might they first see an ad on Facebook, which would allow you, the marketer, to use retargeting to follow them around the web, across devices? I have no idea. But you do. And if you’ve made it this far in my job posting, that’s probably the kind of thing you do all day long.
If you are a regular reader of my postings, no doubt you have seen this diagram many times:
I wish I had a dime for every time I’ve shown this diagram to a client.
The shopping journey starts in different places for different cohorts: Flight attendants might be inclined to respond first to paid influencers. Construction workers might use voice search on their smartphones. Landscapers might respond best to YouTube ads. And so on.
As Apex Foot Health’s Search Marketing Manager, you will own the PAID media function plus SEO — making sure the firm’s digital assets (aka “OWNED” media) are optimized for search engines. Naturally, we’ll expect you to have a deep understanding of which advertising channels have the highest conversion potential so you can spend your time and OHI’s money on those channels and activities that maximize ROAS.
You’ll have to understand the mechanics and trends in content marketing, if for no other reason than to ensure that Google thinks Apex Foot Health’s webpages are keyword relevant.
And given that many of your prospects will be Googling their symptoms and searching for specific answers to questions like “How long does plantar fasciitis last?“, you’ll need to know how to give searchers what they’re looking for. Searchers use mostly voice to conduct such queries, so there’s that to consider.
Finally, it wouldn’t kill you to have a teachable POV on how Google shape-shifts over time. And because this is digital marketing we’re talking about, when the operating environment changes — your tech needs change, too. You should know a thing or two about website migration.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
We spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include:
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every SEO job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/ week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard performance marketing job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this search marketing job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this Phoenix SEO job exceeds 60 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Definition and delivery of performance marketing and organic search strategy, including goals, roadmap, technical and functional requirements and resourcing needs.
- Build relationships to accomplish business goals and influencing others up, down, and across the organization.
- Research trending opportunities within the broader ecommerce space to identify opportunities and threats.
- Monitor customer trends / behaviors and taking appropriate action in order to maintain the growth of the business.
- Define, manage, execute and communicate strategy for SEO / SEM programs in support of OHI business objectives.
- Document standards and best practices for OHI’s content development and testing processes.
- Lead all ecommerce reporting and analysis to maximize the impact of SEO across OHI’s digital platforms.
- Track program budgets and all associated components.
- Partner with development and business teams to prioritize and execute related programs.
- Guide OHI teams on how to use OHI’s content-management platform to optimize SEO.
- Collaborate across teams to optimize the findability, display and integration of OHI’s sites.
- Manage vendor relationships and related budgets.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and executing SEO strategies at enterprise scale.
- 5+ years of experience with an online retailer.
- 5+ years of experience working with content & creative teams including design, web production, and copywriting teams.
- 3+ years marketing analysis experience. Must have a solid understanding of web metrics, online testing methodology, and optimization strategies.
- Proven track record developing program plans that meet/exceed goals.
SEO technical skills and experience, including:
- Applied knowledge of keyword analysis for products, services, and industries
- Modifying robots.txt, writing .htaccess rules, understanding rel=”canonical” and other site-architecture and code-related SEO-focused enhancements
- Experience with BigCommerce platform
Applications for this Phoenix SEO job are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.force.com.