Apply Now Really Good Stuff
SHELTON, CT – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with Excelligence in their search for a worldclass Director of Ecommerce for ReallyGoodStuff based in Shelton, CT. If you live in NYC, a quick look at Reddit can give you a realistic sense of the commute.
You can’t be burned out and still “win” in this role.
NOTE: Prior to asking for my assistance with this search, Really Good Stuff ran its own posting on Linkedin (695 views!). Plus the company worked this same search with another recruiter. Happens all the time. Candidates, BEFORE you apply below, please make sure that you haven’t already applied for this job through another channel.
If you haven’t already applied, here’s why you should apply through ME:
Between my separate calls with Excelligence’s Chief Administrative Officer and RGS’ President, I’ve spent 2+ hours with this client asking them one good question after another about their company, their culture, their tech stack, their industry, their customers, their products, their competitors, and their strategy — as each relates to THIS JOB.
Simply put, if you want an advantage over RGS’ previous applicants, then you’re encouraged to apply below.
For now, here’s what I can share with you about this client …
Excelligence is one of the world’s most trusted providers of educational tools and solutions for early childhood / elementary teachers and parents. Headquartered in Monterey, CA, the firm operates three main divisions: Supplies, Equipment, and Services.
- The Supplies division operates two well-known brands, DiscountSchoolSupply and ReallyGoodStuff.
- The Equipment division manufactures equipment for the early childhood education market (schools, childcare centers, etc).
- The Services division provides technology to support teaching, curriculum design / development, and professional development for teachers along with the management of childcare centers.
Taken together, these businesses allow Excelligence to provide a full suite of solutions to support public schools, early childhood education centers, mom-n-pop chains, private schools, faith based schools, and more.
See what you think …
About the Role
Really Good Stuff needs a highly accomplished Director of Ecommerce to support and lead its growing online business — which includes a healthy relationship with Amazon. To get this job, it’s essential that you have proven experience building a 1P / 3P business on Amazon and have a teachable POV on all that entails, such as …
- Setting pricing
- Managing margins
- Promotions management
- PPC management
- Inventory management
- Customer service
- Ratings and reviews
- Adjusting the supply chain, and more.
As if that weren’t enough, you will run RGS’ day-to-day DTC ecommerce business while providing guidance and support to all relevant domestic and international initiatives. Feel free to download BuiltWith for Chrome to see what’s in the site’s current tech stack.
Obviously, this is a strategically sensitive and high visibility role!
Like I said, RGS’ President was kind enough to s.p.e.l.l. o.u.t. exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
Additionally, I’ve pulled a ton of pricey research from subscription databases which I’m only too happy to share with qualified candidates. The industry research for this project exceeds 80 pages! Be sure to TEXT Harry Joiner at (404) 281-2025 for this info.
Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Lead all aspects of the company’s ecommerce business strategy development
- Serve as a Local and Global point of contact for cross functional partners acting as a project manager to evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement and test ecommerce initiatives
- Participate in the cross-functional development and execution of ecommerce business plans
- Manage all aspects of sitewide UX, including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel and promotional campaigns
- Develop and oversee efficient, timely, and accurate planning, QA and execution of digital content across all relevant sites / marketing campaigns
- Manage all aspects of ecommerce web analytics and communicate relevant information to team members, firm leadership, and cross-functional partners
- Partner with key cross-functional teams to ensure all relevant organizational goals and implications are factored into eCommerce projects
- Build and direct a smart, driven, cohesive team of internal and external doers to develop ecommerce solutions and etail relationships
- Own all etail merchandising and product decisions. Which means generating and implementing innovative new sales and marketing initiatives to increase ecommerce sales and profitability
- Provide expertise on current ecommerce industry best practices and consult on cross-functional projects to ensure eCommerce principles are incorporated
- Identify new areas of ecommerce opportunity beyond current level of organizational thinking
- Develop and implement action-oriented dashboards and scorecards to measure the health of the business
- Manage external service providers to maximize sales and support performance
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing Team on all campaigns that support ecommerce (e.g., Search, Display, Amazon media, etc).
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups on remarketing tactics to drive eCommerce conversion through the funnel by evaluating opportunities to use 2-way marketing vehicles (e.g., chatbot) to drive conversion
- Analyze and optimizes performance of discount/promotion offers (e.g., right-leveling free shipping offers, cutting low incrementality profit dilutive promos)
- Increase sales performance by effectively managing 3rd party etailer sites like Amazon and Walmart to ensure that Really Good Stuff is best in class in terms of positioning prominence, content relevance, customer satisfaction, internet specials and overall merchandising mix. Curate and personalize product bundles and cross-category opportunities to drive basket
- Work with analytics and site operations to define merchandising segments and merchandise appropriately to increase sales performance of each segment. Review daily performance of products on etail platforms and make real-time adjustments to optimize across all platforms. Ensure in-stock rates for top-selling products
- Optimize site experience and work with technical partners to identify and implement mobile and cross-platform experience enhancements
- Identify and drive personalization opportunities (e.g., site personalization, product recommendation, post-purchase offers, next best offer)
- Shape and execute rapid test and learn cycles (e.g., A/B testing of site, offer/promo)
- Demonstrate the ability to drive analytics (e.g., basket analysis, promo effectiveness analysis, churn analysis) to derive consumer insights
Education: BA/BS from an accredited college or university with a focus in business analytics preferred. MBA desired but not required
Experience: 5-8 years of experience with/related to DTC ecommerce, digital marketing, sales, and marketing. You must have strong functional/technical skills and aptitude for process management and cross functional leadership. Additionally, you must have built a strong working relationship with Amazon along with experience onboarding an In-Network and Drop Ship relationship with Amazon. SAP Hybris experience preferred.
Professional Skills: Expert-level experience with ecommerce platforms including Amazon. Highly motivated worker/thinker and team-oriented. Strong organization and analytic skills as well as attention to detail. Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities. Comfortable working with complex data across multiple sources to inform and develop actionable insights and strategic recommendations.
Role Specific Competencies: Strong communication skills. Capacity to lead and influence at senior levels. Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting results & drawing conclusions. Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives. This position requires extensive use of computer equipment. Must have a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft business: expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Access.
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.