One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: One of the things I’m learning from all of … these searches … I’m doing … for Amazon Sellers is that there are a GAZILLION home-based “consultants” out there who want to pump me for info about my clients and then contact them directly for Amazon-related projects.
That doesn’t make consultants bad people — but it is a distraction.
So unfortunately, from now on I’ll be managing my Amazon-related searches confidentially. Which SUCKS, because nobody loves building a client’s employment brand more than me. However, business is business and Job One for me is managing a tight recruiting process.
So here’s what’s up:
I’m working with an industry leading reverse logistics company in its search for a first-rate Ecommerce Manager. (I can hear you consultants Googling now …)
The client is an aftermarket solutions provider for consumer electronics, home appliances and related parts, and it manages the returns processing and reverse logistics function for dozens of famous brands that you probably grew up with. As part of its core offering, the client handles returns reconditioning and remanufacturing — along with warehousing and inventory management. Similar to this (although this isn’t the client).
It’s a business with a lot of moving parts.
The client sells replacement parts and refurbished products on its own Magento-powered ecommerce site as well as on third-party markets like Ebay and Amazon (like so). This is not a fly-by-nite Amazon arbitrage start up. It’s a highly successful enterprise that has been at this game for years.
They have the money, people, technology, relationships, and management commitment to win in this marketplace. And perhaps most importantly …
They are awash in low cost inventory.
The job involves two things: 1.) Growing the firm’s DTC business on Ebay and Amazon, and 2.) Launching new marketplaces like Wayfare, Newegg, Overstock, etc. Taken together, these consumer marketplaces represent an important growth opportunity for my client, and this will be a high profile role.
To win in this role, you must be able to grasp new concepts quickly. Amazon changes its business often, and you’ll need to make sense of those changes, identify new opportunities, and adjust your business accordingly. There’s no room for rookie mistakes here. Additionally, you’ll need to know how to “work a building” — because you’ll be dealing with multi-functional issues like …
- Inventory management and forecasting,
- Listing creation and SEO optimization,
- Catalog cleanup of existing listings,
- Online advertising program management,
- Product ratings, reviews and feedback
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT Harry Joiner at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Deliver on a comprehensive ecommerce strategy to achieve profitable growth across the firm’s B2C and B2B online assets.
- Serve as the primary point of accountability for the firm’s relationships with each major omni-channel and pure-play marketplace.
- Drive the profitable acquisition of new online marketplaces to expand the firm’s commercial reach.
- Lead the development and activation of an integrated digital marketing plan designed to drive awareness, traffic and conversion. This would include SEO, SEM, display, email, social and mobile.
- Work closely with Business Development and Customer Engagement to partner with our blue-chip consumer products customers to expand the firm’s online sales channels.
- Develop an online retail pricing framework to improve gross margins and drive inventory efficiency.
- Oversee the development and activation of a content strategy designed to drive awareness, consumer education, consideration and conversion for our products and services.
- Continually evaluate the role of B2B and B2C ecommerce as each pertains to fueling the firm’s growth.
- Collaborate with the firm’s Operations team to determine and implement the optimal fulfillment footprint required to support near and long-term revenue growth objectives.
- Lead and mentor the firm’s ecommerce team while developing / implementing a development plan for the tem.
- Establish a “test and learn” culture around the ecommerce KPIs that will reinforce an internal climate for growth.
- A Bachelor’s Degree would be nice — but if you’re just plain street smart, we should talk anyway.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience including proven success in driving eCommerce sales through innovative and cost-efficient strategies is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success driving growth on marketplaces like Amazon, Ebay, Groupon, Walmart.com, HomeDepot.com, etc.
- Proven track record in identifying and implementing applicable web applications, development tools, content management systems and SEO tools.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics such as SEO, SEM, Display and Social.
- Demonstrated ability to use web analytics and sales data to identify opportunities for improvement to accelerate ecommerce sales growth.
Knowledge and Competencies:
- Innovative and creative thinker.
- Strong analytical skillset with a proven ability to interpret and act on diverse and large amounts of data.
- Excellent staff coaching and employee development track record.
- Demonstrated success in a continual learning environment.
- Must be organized and have strong decision-making skills.
- Highly collaborative and experienced with leading cross functional teams to achieve objectives.
- Track record in directly impacting P&L results through strategic guidance and planning