WILMINGTON, NC – With more than 100 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the NRF, B2B and IR-1000 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest digital marketing jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with REEDS Jewelers in their search for a world-class Senior Analayst, SEM based in beautiful, beachy Wilmington, NC.
Let me start out by saying that we have an absolutely INSANE amount of information on this position. Our market research includes a diamond industry report from DeBeers, plus we have reports from First Research and IBIS World as well.
On top of that, the notes from our kickoff call with this role’s hiring manager exceed 6 pages! Applying for this role without this information will be like bringing a knife to a gunfight.
If you are a qualified candidate, this information is yours for the asking.
Now then: REEDS Jewelers is the largest family-owned retail jewelry chain in North America. The firm sells diamonds, watches, and a large selection of fine jewelry from top designers in over 85 retail stores across 18 states as well as online at Reeds.com.
Headquartered in Wilmington, REEDS is a 75-year old company that started selling on the web in 1996. And get this: TWO YEARS AGO, the firm actually started accepting Bitcoin online and in-store. That’s a true thing. And amazingly, REEDS co-developed the world’s first luxury Android smartwatch with LG Electronics, the LG Urbane Luxe. These people don’t just talk about the future. They are actively engaged in creating it!
Jewelry: There’s still plenty of growth to be had.
While the world is shifting under the feet of luxury marketers, diamond jewelry still represents an $80 billion global market annually. Even pre-COVID, online jewelry growth in the US was twice that of retail stores. Roughly 10% of all US diamond jewelry (by value) is sold online and 40% of all US jewelry purchases are researched online.
And here’s the thing:
Established brands like REEDS can and are doing well online because diamonds are nature-made and therefore extremely difficult to standardize. Diamond lovers want the real thing and they don’t usually know who’s certifying their diamonds: It could be a legitimate high-standard laboratory -OR- a lab with lax standards.
Fact is, ALL labs (both good and bad) use the same terminology for color, cut, and clarity — so it’s critical that consumers rely on trusted brands to help them buy the stones that will commemorate the most important decisions of their lives.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll be responsible for implementing Google Shopping and text ads for paid search to drive demand to REEDS Jewelers. You’ll also be responsible for the end-to-end Adwords initiatives. We’ll expect you to understand, manage, and support search-oriented cost-per-click initiatives that contribute to the goals and success of the REEDS Omni-channel retail business.
That’s just a fancy way of saying you’ll need to move the needle.
As usual, we spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — whether your typical recruiter wants you to know about them or not!
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The top KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert for this info at (706) 318-1196.
Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Manage, review and optimize campaigns, ad groups, keywords and product ads on Google AdWords, Bing and other search platforms based on performance and company goals.
- Day to day ownership and optimization of Reeds Jewelers PLA and PPC campaigns
- Maintain and monitor keyword bids, accounting for daily and monthly budget caps, impression share, quality score and other important account metrics.
- Work closely with merchandising, marketing and digital marketing analysts to create the optimal research and shopping experience for our customers.
- Manage the creation of keyword lists and shopping campaigns.
- Develop and test creative search copy for text ads.
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for keyword opportunities, campaign structuring, targeting, and other facets of paid search and PLAs.
- Keep pace with search engine, PPC, and Google Shopping industry trends and developments.
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance.
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels.
- Communication to team and management on project development, timelines, and results.
- The core focus of this job is Paid Search (PPC) and Product Listing Ads (PLAs)
- Passion for Search marketing (PPC and PLAs).
- Experienced in managing retail search (PPC) and product listing ads (PLAs).
- Experience managing large product data feeds within Google Merchant Center for the health of product visibility within shopping ads.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems.
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere.
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points.
- Ability to learn new industries and new business types quickly and can apply this knowledge to internet marketing initiatives and achieving investment goals.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- No less than 3 years of experience in Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Paid Search (PPC) and Product Listing Ads (PLA).
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tools.
- Experience working with popular PPC ad platforms (Google AdWords, Bing AdCenter, etc.)
- Data Feed creation, management and optimization.
- Proficiency in managing moderate to large scale PPC accounts for retail, either pure-play or multi-channel in terms of budget and SKUs
- AdWords / Bing certification a plus.
- BS/BA degree preferred.
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.