REMOTE / WFH – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with a top-tier online retailer of specialty auto parts and accessories in their search for a world-class Director of Marketing. This role can be remote / WFH, although occasional travel to the firm’s east coast HQ will be required.
Our client is a 30-year-old classic car parts and accessories retailer with two mid-Atlantic-based warehouses shipping nearly 50K SKUs, primarily into the performance and restoration enthusiast markets. In 2017, it opened a new 100,000-square-foot distribution center in Nevada, allowing it to serve its west coast customers quickly and easily.
Our client seeks a Director of Digital Marketing — a rising star who can serve as the right hand to the current VP. Think of this role as the perfect training for a future ecommerce GM.
In this role, you will be responsible for researching, developing, and executing marketing plans as you lead the firm’s efforts to drive growth. You will optimize customer experiences via email, video, 3D, and graphics content while collaborating with others on SEO, PPC, Merchandising, Web Dev related issues.
The current VP is a performance marketing expert (we don’t say that lightly). To fully complement his skills, you should have serious game in the disciplines of email, loyalty, reactivation, reactivation, usability testing, and conversion rate optimization. He can get the right traffic to the sites at the lowest possible cost, but this traffic still needs to be converted.
Wanted: A Digital Champion
We are looking for a highly resourceful tactician who can make a strategic impact by, among other things, driving cohesion and buy-in among your team members for all things digital.
By no means is this a retention-only role, though initially you will have the best opportunity to shine through an analytically-informed approach to things like promotional calendaring, content (esp. YouTube), email, automation, personalization.
Together, you and the VP will be tasked with driving sales In the sense that you will have an impact on integrated customer acquisition to the extent that you can lower the site’s bounce rate while improving conversion, AOV, rebuy rates, and ultimately: spend per repurchase.
This is the perfect ecom job for an innovative, detail oriented analytically-biased, self-starter who’s making 100-110K base and wants to be a VP of Ecom at some point in the next 5-7 years.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Harry Joiner, at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Collaborate with and lead the marketing teams to hit business objectives.
- Work with the Marketing Coordinator and other stakeholders to create a monthly marketing calendar based on historical data and emerging trends.
- Analyze the performance of vehicle segment promotions to assist with upcoming initiatives.
- Work with the leadership team to design the Marketing department’s budget.
- Review current marketing trends to determine the effectiveness of styles and strategies.
- Capitalize on innovative ideas to promote the firm’s brand and vehicle segments.
- Guide the Email Marketing team in optimizing campaign strategies (including personalization and automation).
- Work closely with email service providers to monitor/optimize email deliverability.
- Report on performance and provide insights into all marketing channels.
- Research and implement customer loyalty programs to improve customer retention.
- Help the Creative Marketing team improve processes and eliminate potential roadblocks.
- Plan and propose new channel opportunities.
- Identify and implement continuous improvements in performance through testing.
- Enhance the video creation process to focus on micro conversions and assisted conversion growth.
- Track best practices, monitor industry trends, and make recommendations for addressable channel growth.
- Ensure all marketing programs are executed as planned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or another related field.
- 5-7 years of experience leading ecommerce marketing initiatives.
- Ability to learn and strong work ethic.
- Advanced writing and research skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance strategic planning and direction with hands-on execution.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Technical knowledge.
- Familiarity with ecommerce.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization and pay-per-click tactics.
- Strong research skills.
- Understanding of internet marketing business models and metrics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Enthusiasm for the car/truck industry.
- Strong knowledge of functions within Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and social media platforms.
- Ability to use project management software and strong organizational, project management, and multitasking skills.
- Passion for all things marketing and a habit of keeping up with trends.
- Strong knowledge of UX & Web Analytics is a plus.