NORTH CHICAGO – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Digital Marketing jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with a well known brand in their search for an Digital Marketing Manager based in North Metro Chicago.
About the Role
As the client’s Digital Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for Influencer, Affiliate, Social Media, Search, Digital and Promotional Marketing efforts for all of the client’s brands. That means you’ll oversee its marketing agencies, provide direction to the creative team, and plan, execute and monitor all email campaigns.
In this role, you’ll have a chance to make a very solid contribution to a healthy, growing company. Like many branded manufacturers, the client is doubling down on their digital commerce business. This is a player-coach type where you will be expected to understand overarching goals, articulate and execute tactical plans to achieve those, and monitor/manage key business metrics.
Meaning, you’ll need to be a hands-on “do-er” while having a big picture orientation towards the business. We’re looking for a rising star who can operationalize that awareness into integrated campaigns that MAKE MONEY while building the client’s portfolio of brands. You must have a strong, real-world knowledge of digital marketing best practices for both DTC and wholesale sales channels.
You will be the “go-to gal / guy” regarding the implementation and results of the client’s performance marketing initiatives — so plan on getting a TON of face time with the firm’s new VP of Ecommerce (who’s awesome, btw).
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
My partner Allan Seibert and I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every digital marketing job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard digital marketing job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this digital marketing job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Oversee offer development, email promos, product launches and content strategy across all channels and brands
- Work closely with graphic designers, copywriters, freelancers and other departments to ensure effective, creative development
- Responsible for coordinating all new product launches and promotional calendar
- Manage agencies for SEO, paid search, display, and affiliate. You don’t have to be an expert with all four, but you must be an expert in TWO and have a working understand of the other two.
- Day to day management of the firm’s email marketing channel with a strong focus on ROI.
- At least 3-5 years of digital marketing experience in the ecommerce direct-to-consumer space
- Strong creative streak desired
- Ability to make decisions based on analysis and rational thought
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills; able to develop strong relationships with internal and external parties
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with content management systems and web platforms
Applications for this digital marketing job are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.