FULLY REMOTE – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with a long-standing client in the home durable product category for whom we have closed several ecommerce searches. Great people. Profitable, growing company with very favorable underlying economics.
Believe it or not, the client’s industry actually benefited from Covid, which firmly established a consumer need for the product, shaped the category, and gave the market an easy way to find the product online. For once, consumers knew WHEN they had a problem the product could treat, WHAT to Google when they needed it, and WHERE to find it online.
In fact, during Covid, the nature of competition within the brand’s category was actually “pie-enlarging” (as opposed to “pie-rearranging”), with all brands benefiting from the heightened interest.
So this is a well-established brand in a market that’s best days are ahead of it. To whit: The product is now being built right into luxury homes, and in some cases, the effect of this product can be considered a luxury home “perk.” Many of America’s largest home developers say that by 2030 this product will be common in all residential dwellings.
According to the WSJ, industry experts believe that in America, consumers will eventually buy this product at the same rate as in Asia. Currently, the US penetration rate for this product is ~15%. In Japan and Korea, roughly 40% of homes use this product.
I wish I could share more. My point is this is a great company with a well-known product selling in a market that has plenty of upside. And: There is actually a backend to the business that lends itself to a continuity-type marketing model.
About the Role
As the firm’s National Account Manager, eCommerce, you will be directly responsible for achieving sales revenue and margin plan for assigned accounts. Today, that’s mostly Amazon (1P), and your job will be to develop and implement strategies designed to drive revenue, maximize margin and position the firm’s brand(s) and products to win in the marketplace.
Honestly, there’s nothing tricky about this role. We’re simply looking for an aggressive and resourceful A-player who has called on Amazon and understands that beast inside-and-out. We need someone who understands IN DEPTH how to assess growth opportunities in an analytically rigorous way and develop a full strategy which takes full account of the firm’s Marketing, Merchandising, Supply Chain, and Ops functions.
It’s basically 1/ Looking at the business, 2/ evaluating it (example), 3/ understanding where things are not performing optimally, and 4/ doing something about it in a way that does not involve a ton of broken glass. In most firms, that’s table stakes, right?
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Harry Joiner, at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Achieve fiscal sales and margin plans for key eCommerce accounts
- Develop and grow customer relationships with key accounts to improve the firm’s position in the category, on-site placements, and ability to execute strategic priorities.
- Manage day-to-day internal cross-functional communication with Marketing, Finance, and Supply Chain teams to ensure seasonal readiness, in-season execution, and post-season wrap-up.
- Develop and maintain seasonal forecasts for each brand to ensure accuracy and sufficiency for the upcoming seasons.
- Negotiate and analyze trade programs on the firm’s behalf with key accounts
- Maintain and enhance the digital shelf presentation to grow sales and exceed account and category expectations
- Work with Accounting teams to resolve invoicing and chargeback issues accurately and in a timely manner
- Work with Supply Chain Operations to ensure availability and in-stock status of all items during the key selling season to reduce chargebacks, out-of-stocks, and lost sales opportunities
- Prospect and develop additional pure play eCommerce accounts within the Home Environment category
Competencies and Abilities
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in retail and/or sales environment. Knowledge of Home Environment or seasonal industry preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in selling to Amazon.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in selling to e-tailers in the e-commerce channel.
- Data driven, analytic mindset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of sponsored advertising and platform algorithms.
- Must be able to work with and develop a relationship with the account team, internal personnel and other management personnel.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with fellow employees and retail customers on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to present products, programs and ideas to potential buyers of the firm’s products.
- Must have an entrepreneurial mindset and tenacious approach.
- Must maintain a current knowledge and understanding of the firm’s products.
- Must possess strong selling and negotiating skills.
- Must possess superior decision-making capacity and ability to exercise good judgment.
- Must be detail oriented and possess time management skills.
- Must possess strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both in verbal and written formats.
- Ability to work from a Home office required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Teams required.
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.