FLORIDA – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest marketing jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are looking for a world-class VP of Marketing to drive growth for a Florida-based provider of dental savings plans. (We’ll get to what those are in a sec.) In an effort to maintain order in the recruiting process, I’ve decided to market this search in confidence. But know this: I am presented with nearly 150 projects a year, and this is going to be an excellent career move for someone.
About the Company
My client is the largest direct-to-consumer marketer of dental savings plans on the web. Lots to like: Growing market. Strong margins. Natural potential for recurring revenue. Part of a joint venture which includes very strong brands within the healthcare space. Plus, the firm’s Fortune 500 parent company has been ranked among Fortune’s Most Admired Companies.
The company markets dental savings plans that resemble a Costco membership: You pay an annual fee and get greatly reduced pricing with more than 100K dentists nationwide, with no benefit cap and no waiting period. To fit any need and budget, my client offers dozens of different plans from providers like Aetna and Cigna. I’ve heard the pitch and wondered why every family doesn’t sign up.
About the Market
While a dental savings plan is not exactly the same thing as dental insurance, for the purpose of this discussion the $81 billion market for dental insurance will serve as a useful proxy.
Currently, the U.S. dental care market is $128 billion. Huge. Yet while only 9% of U.S. citizens don’t have medical insurance, 34% lack dental insurance (sometimes because it’s just not worth it). By my reckoning, that’s nearly 100 million people. This year, if 10% of those folks get a toothache or cracked tooth requiring immediate treatment or extraction, they’ll be searching online like crazy for ways to save money on a dentist.
That’s where YOU come in.
As the client’s new VP of Marketing, you’ll be responsible for 1/ developing the firm’s overall marketing strategy, 2/ executing on plans to lift customer acquisition and renewals, and 3/ achieving target revenue and EBITDA objectives.
We’re looking for profitable, brand-accretive GROWTH.
Your audience will include both consumers and dental professionals and will require you to draw on proven experience leading a multi-channel, multi-website, acquisition-based marketing operation in a direct marketing-driven setting.
Individually and collectively, it’s essential that you possess a keen understanding of SEO/SEM, Affiliate, Display Advertising, Retargeting/Social Media/Email, etc), Affinity Partnership Marketing, and Direct Response Media — all in the name of reducing CPA and increasing LTV.
Easy to say. Hard to do.
Given my NDA with these people, there’s a lot I can’t share in a public job posting. Having said that, the Chief Commercial Officer is terrifically bright and really knows [his/her] numbers. Extremely forthcoming, too — which always helps to attract top talent.
This is a multi-step, multi-device, multi-daypart, and in some cases, multi-buyer sales process that currently involves direct mail, online, a call center, and MAY eventually involve radio, TV, print, joint ventures, outdoor and more.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every marketing job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard marketing job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this marketing job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Harry Joiner, at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Driving customer acquisition and multi-channel/multi-website demand through decision-informing analyses and a go to market framework utilizing specified objectives, targets, tactics and metrics
- Analyzing and interpreting key metrics/reports, recommending corrective action and ensuring continuous improvement and effectiveness, all done in a highly transparent manner
- Building Annual/Monthly budgets & forecasts at the channel level that accurately capture future revenue and EBITDA growth opportunities
- Investigating and implementing new technologies, services and/or vendor solutions to continuously enhance Marketing’s capabilities and efficacy
- Overseeing ongoing website redesign and conversion funnel optimization efforts
- Initiating Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and pay per click (PPC) strategies and tactics to achieve marketing goals
- Creating and launching of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) campaigns, identifying areas of improvement, and driving consumer traffic to the firm’s DTC sites
- Working with search agencies to develop search campaigns that deliver optimize CPA results
- Overseeing the direction of affiliate network and partnership marketing contracts and manage their effectiveness
- Developing compelling customer-centric marketing and communication strategies to deliver brand and sales objectives across all digital platforms including video, mobile and desktop applications
- Investigating, building business cases and, where appropriate, launching campaigns into new or underutilized channels including television
- Working closely with Joint Venture leaders to develop and execute on company-wide branding, consumer and dental professional acquisition and retention programs
- Developing and managing consistent brand identity, messaging and architecture across all products, platforms and channels
- Supporting company brand awareness as part of overall marketing initiatives and lead generation programs
- Developing highly integrated and mutually beneficial relationships with the entire senior team overall and with the Sales and IT departments and their leaders, in particular
10+ years of strategic ecommerce management experience, with the proven ability to develop and implement a successful ecommerce strategy. Prior experience in all of the following areas is essential: search engine marketing, web analytics, web merchandising.
Education: Bachelor’s degree; MBA is preferred
Candidates will have demonstrated experience in and success with:
- Digital & Social Marketing – Have recent/previous experience (Acquisition and Retention) developing both strategic and tactical marketing plans for a robust online marketing operation, with an understanding of the current eCRM marketplace (SEO, SEM, Display, Email, Affiliate, Retargeting, Social)
- Direct Response Demand Creation – Understand the impact Print/TV media has on KPIs, CPA, and holistically on an ecommerce business. Previous experience using Print/TV to scale customer acquisition in an accountable, testable, and result-driven manner.
- Tactical Marketing Execution – Develop and activate the Marketing strategy that is aligned with the corporate growth agenda, delivering profitable and organic revenue growth and hitting customer acquisition objectives. Ensure that all activation and tactical go-to-market plans are executed flawlessly, on time and within/under budget
- Creative Strategy – Lead the development and execution of an integrated brand and Corporate Communications plan, across both offline and online channels. Set the creative strategy that creates powerful messages and imagery that reflect DP’s brand essence and equities, across all critical customer touch-points. Lead key message development for media inquiries, while also effectively managing the dialogue and reinforcing DP’s emerging position in the marketplace. Develop and manage agency relationships as necessary for the execution of the firm’s Marketing and Branding strategy
- Retention / Loyalty Enhancement – Have primary responsibility for continuing to design and build, in collaboration with Sales and other members of the senior management team, a comprehensive and scalable customer database that the company can leverage through both online and offline marketing as a key strategy for enhancing customer relationships and loyalty while driving referrals and also reducing churn
- Partner / Channel Development – Expertise in developing and managing successful partner marketing programs and cooperative marketing alliances
- Agency / Supplier Management – Seek, develop and manage external relationships, seeking Best Practices, as well as a value-added approach whereby external resources are viewed as partners vs. merely vendors or suppliers
- Team Development & Leadership – Expertise in building, developing and motivating the marketing team to enable optimal performance and development of organization competence
- Financial Delivery – Play a key role in the definition and delivery of agreed-to financial goals, including Revenue, Margin, Market Share, EBITDA, CPA, LTV and MROI. Effectively manage and own the Marketing budget and related P&L
Applications for this marketing job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.