NEW YORK, NY 10019 – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest analytics jobs around!
ALLAN’S COMMENTS: We are working with a major children’s footwear brand in their search for an outstanding Sr. Manager DTC Ecommerce based in New York, New York — the town so nice they named it twice. If you are a rising star in the world of DTC ecommerce, you will dig this high visibility role located near Columbus Circle.
This position is MONDAY-THURSDAY IN-OFFICE and local candidates are strongly preferred. Having said that, the office is in a very hip area, if you’re already based in metro-NYC, you’ll know exactly where this is …
Now then: Our client seeks a Sr. Manager DTC Ecommerce to join its profitable, growing, DTC ecom footwear division. In this position, you will lead the strategy, development, and execution of a best-in-class customer experience on two of the firm’s premium footwear websites.
If you’ve been waiting to market a product that will impress your friends and family at the next holiday gathering, look no further. Everyone will say, “Oh, I love those brands!”.
We have worked with this client three times: Once in 2017 (Director of Ecom), and again just recently, topgrading their team post-Covid. All of those searches turned out beautifully.
About the Role
On an average day, you’ll partner with Product, Merchandising, Marketing, and Analytics to attract the right visitors to both of your sites while making sure they engage and convert in a way that makes them feel better about themselves because of their relationship to your brands.
CX is everything.
To do this, you’ll need to be an action-oriented, results-driven ecom rising star who approaches each task with an analytical bias, using data to support your decisions. As a key member of the firm’s 9-person DTC ecom team, you will work cross-functionally to DRIVE the business.
By “driving,” I mean moving the needle on …
- New customer acquisition
- Email & SMS list growth & performance
- Margin, and
- Marketing spend optimization
This position is no joke!
This is an excellent opportunity in a multi-branded organization in which there’s a Senior Director who oversees the entire ecom business, and there are Sr. Managers oversee each individual brand.
(In your case, you’ll have two brands.)
If you are an entrepreneurially oriented up-and-comer who is ready to own something — but not quite ready to run an entire ecom business — then this may be your gig. You’ll be expected to maintain operational control of your sites while generating new ideas for improving and growing them.
You’ll have one direct report, and you’ll be working tools like Shopify Plus, Big Commerce, Google Analytics, Klaviyo, Blue Core, Attentive and SearchSpring.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug and play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Allan Seibert, at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Manage and develop the websites, including visual merchandising, product uploads, all banners and marketing assets, improving UX, SEO optimization and overall site visitor experience.
- Oversee proper and effective site taxonomy, onsite search, category, and product details pages, as well as landing page effectiveness.
- Manage the promotional calendars and oversee all promo events and activities, including setup, pricing, and related content plans.
- Manage product launch calendars and coordinate with other internal teams to ensure all styles launch on time and accurately.
- Manage category and product-level pages to ensure content accuracy and optimal visual experience (across platforms and devices).
- Execute marketing strategies across all channels, including email, SMS, SEM, paid social, affiliate and loyalty.
- Drive programs to grow customer email and SMS lists
- Manage digital ad agency to optimize paid search, shopping, display, paid social campaigns, and retargeting.
- Develop and execute testing plans for both sites.
- Use web analytics and reporting tools to optimize category and product-level pages.
- Contribute to the product roadmap for both sites, while staying abreast of trends in ecommerce and retail.
- Own and manage relationship with external Backend Support Team.
- Manage an Assistant Site Merchandiser.
- Own and manage relationships with Loyalty provider, Product Review provider, and other 3rd party service providers.
- Own Metric Reporting and Weekly/Monthly Business Recaps to Sr. Director and Sr. Management.
- Work closely/cross-functionally with marketing, and merchandising team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and change priorities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-7 years of experience in eCommerce, retail, Web build, or visual merchandising.
- 5-7 years of experience working in ecommerce platforms, particularly Shopify Plus
- Familiarity with Web analytics (Google Analytics) and A/B testing.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.