HOUSTON, TEXAS – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
ALLAN’S COMMENTS: We are working with a major firearms and accessories retailer in its search for a world-class Site Optimization & Analytics Manager based in Houston, Texas — which, if you’ve never been, is pretty amazing.
This job does, in fact, require you to be onsite. local candidates are preferred. however, there is relocation assistance if you require it. To get this job, it is not required that you already be a firearm owner, but you definitely need to learn and embrace the space.
About the Role
Our client’s mission is simple: To provide the highest quality, most affordably priced firearms, optics, and accessories to enthusiasts, professional shooters, servicemen and women. The company has been around for decades, and they are the 500-pound gorilla in their industry.
They are extremely well-diversified across 1/ DTC, 2/ private label, 3/ optics, 4/ shared services, 5/ government, and 6/ wholesale. We were knocked out by how much inventory they maintain, as well as their transparency during our kickoff calls.
The firm has a VERY large ecom site with thousands of products and thousands of pages. In the past few years, the site has been somewhat unoptimized in terms of conversion rate and purchase path. This role presents an excellent opportunity for an A-player to bring a fresh approach to UX and CRO to a category-leading online retail business.
From scratch, you’ll be radically overhauling the firm’s testing programs and revamping its approach to understanding onsite behavior. The students are ready! Now the teacher must appear. And due to the massive size of the business, and improvement of only 20-40 bps will generate a massive upswing in revenue.
You’ll be deeply involved in things like the client’s migration to GA4 and its buildout of behavioral tracking. Again, your job is to turn the client’s conversion funnel into a greased chute, which means leveraging best practices and technologies for analytics, UX, and customer experience.
We’re looking for a bottom of the funnel site optimization CRO expert. You need to be extremely tactical, with an ability to impact strategy by working with cross functional teams. The No. 1 KPI you’ll measured against is LIFT TO CONVERSION. Heat mapping, A/B testing, and the analysis of onsite customer behavior will be your focus. However, it’s a bonus if you have a strong background in web analytics as it relates to assisting in campaign optimization.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Allan Seibert, at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Optimize the user journey across the main shopping path from entry page to product listing/search results page, to product detail page, to cart and checkout.
- Lead and execute A/B site testing projects. Work cross-functionally with technology and marketing teams to concept and execute A/B tests, which will be the primary tool used to inform user experience decisions and drive KPIs.
- Develop distinct user personas and segments. Using various data sources, analyze on-site user behavior to identify distinct or high value user personas and segments.
- Utilizing user personas and segments, define an optimized and personalized content strategy for the various user groups. This includes existing site structure as well as the development of specialized content pages.
- Contribute to the product roadmap by working cross-functionally with the technology team to inform roadmap and priorities on new site features and business tools.
- Manage and maintain best practices of web analytics implementation and supporting site/UX optimization tools
- Acts as web analytics SME for the organization, including supporting reporting & analysis
- Conduct competitive market research and provide actionable insights into the firm’s opportunities in the marketplace.
- Manage landing page creation and design.
- Conducts ad-hoc analyses and compile reports as requested.
- Manage team of direct reports.
- Extremely skilled in marketing technology platforms.
- Hands-on experience web testing tools (e.g., Optimizely, Adobe Target, VWO, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of design software (Figma or Sketch preferred).
- Basic knowledge of HTML / CSS.
- Demonstrated ability to work with complex datasets and derive impactful business insights.
- Organized and logical thinker with the ability to think through problems and projects thoroughly.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with BI/data visualization tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, Domo, etc.)
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.