REMOTE / WFH – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
ALLAN’S COMMENTS: We are working with a 9-figure, family-owned sports nutrition company with leading brands in the health, wellness, and fitness categories. Today, the firm seeks a Sr. Ecommerce Web Manager to help its new Director of Ecommerce take the ecom business to the next level. In our line of work, we hear a lot of pitches, and this is a GREAT gig!
About the Company
Established in the early 1980s, the client is dedicated to providing the highest quality health and wellness products in the market. The firm takes pride in using only the best raw materials, sourced from the finest suppliers in the industry.
At this point, the company’s Amazon business is truly massive (9 figures). Frequently, it has the #1 product in the Sports & Outdoors category, seven in the top 1000 for Sports & Outdoors, and it has eight products in the top 1000 for Health and Household, complemented by 10+ best-seller badges across the portfolio. That’s insane.
Basically, they’re shredding it.
However, the firm wants to develop its DTC online business to balance its Amazon success. Although the firm does market several proprietary branded fitness products, for the most part, this role will focus on the build-out of the company’s DTC workout enhancer and health supplement business.
About the Market
Over the five years to 2021, the Online Vitamin and Supplement Sales industry has performed well. The pandemic encouraged consumers to purchase immune system supporting vitamins, and demand for vitamins C and D and zinc supplements skyrocketed.
Additionally, an aging population sustained demand for multivitamins and condition-specific supplements, while rising disposable income levels and a growing interest in preventive healthcare spurred demand.
In short, 2016-2021 was a terrific time to be in this business, and due to the economic rebound following last year’s vaccine rollouts, the industry’s profitability is expected to remain brisk amid rising demand for vitamins.
In 2022, we expect this trend to continue, and it’s a great time for the firm to stretch its legs in the Health and Personal Care categories.
About the Role
As the firm’s new Sr. Ecommerce Web Manager, you’ll own the site experience from beginning to end: Once the customer lands on the site, it’s your job to convert them, whether that’s through the optimization of product categories, the optimization of navigation, site search, or better merchandising.
In your ongoing effort to improve the site’s UX, you’ll provide the team’s acquisition and retention specialists with better testing and customer insights and testing to 1/ reduce bounce rates, 2/ improve order attachment rates, 3/ drive checkouts, and 4/ improve order frequency on the site.
This job is all about site merchandising, site optimization, conversion rate optimization, and web analytics. If you can handle that, you’ll love this gig.
On Day One, you’ll be a one-person show, although you will have a couple of agencies at your disposal. Later this year, you can expect to hire some people as the direct-to-consumer business grows. This is YOUR chance to build something cool on the back of an established ecom business.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 52 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Allan Seibert, at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Own the Strategy, Roadmap and day-to-day execution of the Site Experience including all Site Merchandising, Testing and Optimization.
- Use analytics, A/B testing and multivariate testing to continually optimize the Site, PLP/PDPs, and overall UI/UX for conversion/browse-ability
- Work closely with Creative and Product Management to produce visually appealing and high-converting product images, selling explanatory text, and web pages.
- D2C website needs to be restructured and re-merchandised to more evenly represent our product portfolio
- Ensure that SEO, both text on the page and technical SEO/structured data adequately drive organic traffic to the site
- Build and manage a best-in-class web team (hybrid/remote), hiring and coaching
- Evaluate Web team needs and create a personnel plan to begin recruiting and hiring
- Run a web promotional schedule and work with the appropriate teams to ensure all assets are ready to launch.
- Optimization of Homepage experience and promotions
- Work with the Email Manager and others on on the Digital Team to create a customer lifecycle plan, ensuring emails, subscriptions, sms and promotions all drive towards growing LTV (as it relates to Features, Functionality, Offerings and Promotions on the Site)
- Identify agency partners and begin working on a full site redesign, creating new site structure and homepage/navigation/PLP/PDPs
- Audit existing web agency partners, software and processes to optimize and maximize our benefit
- Create and execute a short-term roadmap of site enhancements to maximize our conversion rate while site redesign occurs; Create tickets for existing dev agency and track to completion
- Longer Term goal: We need a wholesale and employee store created/designed, as well as identifying top international needs and begin planning for those sites
- 5+ years of D2C Ecommerce experience (Supplements or Fitness product experience a nice to have but not a must)
- 3-5 years of experience with Site Optimization (Merchandising, Testing, Navigation, Customer Experience, Conversion Optimization)
- Experience working with Shopify Plus or any other D2C Ecommerce Platform (Shopify preferred but not a must)
- Experience managing an ecommerce feature roadmap and vision, working with development resources to stay on schedule
- Comfortable coordinating projects and meeting deadlines
- Experience optimizing Navigation, Categorization, and Site Search
- Previous experience with Site Merchandising, Conversion Rate Optimization and overall Site Enhancements (working with Dev, Design and Creative resources)
- Hands on Analytics and Testing experience (Web Analytics and A/B Testing)
- Experience driving an enhanced strategy for better content onsite
- This role will be expected to manage a team so any management experience is a nice to have (not a must but preferred)
- Agency/3rd Party Management Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree