NEW YORK, NY 10019 – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with a major footwear brand in their search for a proven Senior Manager, DTC Ecommerce Merchandising based in New York, New York — the town so nice they named it twice. If you are a rising star in the world of ecommerce merchandising, you will dig this high visibility role located near Columbus Circle.
This role is MONDAY-THURSDAY IN-OFFICE, meaning you’ll need to be accessible to the office. Local candidates are strongly preferred, and if you’re already based in metro-NYC, you’ll know exactly where this is …
About the Role
The client seeks a deeply experienced Senior Manager, DTC Ecommerce Merchandising to join its profitable, growing, Kids division. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the strategy, development, and execution of the client’s children’s footwear site.
You know the brand. You’ve held their product. You’ve been in their stores.
If you’ve been waiting to market a product that will impress your friends and family at the next Memorial Day cookout, look no further. Everyone will say, “Oh, I love that brand!” I just spend thirty minutes reviewing their DTC site, and as a father of six kids, the product brought back a flood of fond memories.
I’ve worked with this client before — back in 2017. That placement worked out well for everyone: Through 2019, as the firm’s first-ever Director of Ecommerce and Digital Marketing, my candidate led the end-to-end ecommerce strategy and roadmap, spanning customer acquisition and retention, site operations, logistics, and more.
It was a great gig, and he has nothing but praise for that experience.
But now, post-COVID, the client’s DTC ecommerce business has grown to the point where Management needs fearlessly entrepreneurial team players in every position, and online merchandising is high on that list.
We’re looking for someone who is business-oriented and has an infectiously teachable and forward-looking pov on the merchandising function. This means seeing beyond the day-to-day.
It means being able to sniff out trends in how the customer thinks and buys, and how such things might impact a well-oiled merch function that integrates with Creative, Marketing, Technology, Sourcing, Operations, and more. You’ll need to know how to “work the building” — even when you’re working from home.
These are super smart people, so don’t expect to have a monopoly on good ideas.
In this role, you will own the CX of the client’s Shopify-based DTC ecom store, working to deliver maximum conversion and orders. By constantly mining the data, you will be expected to materially drive ecom efficiencies while introducing new features and functions that improve product storytelling.
To win in this job, you’ll need to leverage a deep knowledge of integrated omnichannel promotional calendaring, and during these interviews, we’ll be digging for EXAMPLES, ACTIONS, and the RESULTS of your success in previous DTC merchandising roles.
In this particular case, leveraging such advantages means having a knack for designing, developing (and documenting) effective processes for simplifying the site’s taxonomy, functionality, launching new products, and getting new products onto the site. Initially, there’s a ton of work to be done on product categorization. Get ready.
“A Workhorse with a Brain”
The last person to have this job had an outstanding work ethic, and you should be too. Just as important, the team will rely on your as its “resident expert on all things merchandising” — now and in the future.
- What are we doing right that we should do more of?
- What are we doing wrong that we should stop doing immediately?
- What is our competitor doing that we should copy?
- What is nobody doing that somebody in our category should do?
Again: Mine the data, develop the reports, and then bring your suggested improvements to life in a way that materially benefits both the customer and the company.
In all likelihood, you will manage the relationship with the firm’s external loyalty provider, and there’s an excellent chance that by the end of the summer you will have at least one site merchandiser reporting to you, as well as an ecommerce analyst.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Harry Joiner, at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Manage and develop the website, including visual merchandising, product uploads, all banners and marketing assets, improving UX, SEO optimization and overall site visitor experience.
- Responsible for proper and effective site taxonomy, onsite search, category and product details pages, and landing page effectiveness.
- Manage the promotional calendar and oversee all promo events and activities, including setup, pricing, and related content plans.
- Manage product launch calendar and coordinate with other teams to ensure all styles launch on time and accurately.
- Manage category and product-level pages to ensure content accuracy and optimal visual experience (across platforms and devices).
- Support brand and digital marketing in developing and delivering site assets, landing pages and internal search strategies.
- Develop and execute testing plans for the client’s ecommerce store.
- Use web analytics and reporting tools to optimize category and product-level pages.
- Contribute to the product roadmap for the client’s ecommerce store, staying abreast of trends in ecommerce and retail.
- Own and manage relationship with external Backend Support Team.
- Manage a Team including Site Merchandiser and Ecomm Analyst
- Own and manage relationships with Loyalty Provider, order processing vendor, PIM provider, and site search vendor.
- Subject Matter Expert and Site Merchandising/Promotional Support for Marketplace businesses and two smaller company ecommerce sites.
- Own Metric Reporting and Weekly/Monthly Business Recaps to VP and Sr. Management.
- Work closely/cross functionally with marketing, and merchandising team
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4-7 years of experience in eCommerce, retail, Web build, or visual merchandising.
- 4+ years working with Shopify Plus
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, Java script, and responsive design.
- Familiarity with web analytics (Omniture, GA) and A/B testing.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and change priorities as needed.
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.