REMOTE / WFH – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with an industry-leading manufacturers rep in its search for a Director of Ecommerce Marketplaces. The firm is based in the Chicagoland area, but this role can be fully remote.
The client doesn’t manufacture anything, nor are they distributors. With world-class chops in the areas of retail sales and marketing, in-store execution, and location intelligence, they are traditional agency reps for brick-and-mortar retail.
Yet in the past five years, the firm’s online marketplace expertise and revenues have exploded — to the point where online marketplaces are now a calling card for them. This makes perfect sense, given the firm’s mission to provide branded manufacturers with the customized resources needed to optimize growth.
Today, the client’s unique portfolio of omnichannel services includes an extensive field sales team, in-store merchandising, customer care support, data analytics, and digital commerce.
That’s where YOU come in.
As the client’s new Director of Ecommerce Marketplaces, you’ll be taking over where the recently departed Director left off: There are no fires … He wasn’t disgruntled … Neither was he bored nor burned out. He simply got an offer he couldn’t refuse (because this is a high-visibility role, and if you do a great job, people will notice).
In fact, he was terrific at managing more than a dozen established consumer brands / lines on Amazon (mostly 1P). Now it’s your job to take that 8-figure business to the next level, vis-a-vis …
- More and better traffic to your Amazon listings,
- Branding enhancements,
- Improved catalog and detail pages, and
- Inventory and operations functions that run like a top.
It’s all totally doable, and you’ll have a graphic designer, ops manager, and data scientist to help you.
If you are the right person for this job, then you can already imagine some of the key issues you’ll be managing as you grow these brands, or as might occasionally be the case, arrest their slide on Amazon.
You’ll need to know how to research / investigate these issues quickly, and engage the right resources, either through your ever-expanding personal network, or occasionally through relevant online communities.
In this role, the name of the game will be developing high-octane Amazon sales and marketing strategies for your brands while developing new and existing product sales within a diverse group of consumer product categories including grocery, housewares, hardware, plumbing and lawn and garden.
On a typical day …
You’ll be developing new business (ie, engaging new and existing clients), supporting key decision makers, and doing “whatever it takes” to improve each client’s relationship with Amazon. You’ll be executing each client’s strategic account plan, which rolls up to your overall corporate plan.
There will be times when you huff the tiny flames of a client’s Amazon business into a bonfire. That’s your job. And sure as you’re born, there will be an equal number of times when they want to yank that business back in-house. Welcome to the NFL.
When that happens …
Not only will you need a PROVEN PROCESS for growing a brand on Amazon, but also you’ll want a smart way to UNBUNDLE your service offering so that it’s a NO BRAINER for the client to keep some parts of the business with you, even when they think they’ve outgrown you. Trust me: There are lots of ways to do this. Let’s discuss.
In any case, it’s a cool gig that’s sure to develop you personally and professionally.
You’ll be driving go-to market strategies across a complex Amazon marketplace that includes B2B and B2C customer segments, while measuring the impact of campaigns, promotions, programs, and events via KPI dashboards and business reviews. And you’ll be working with key execs within Amazon to identify and seize new growth opportunities.
Bottom line: You’ll be the go-to gal/guy/them for all things Amazon, including …
- Assisting with negotiating Amazon programs,
- Understanding the related P&Ls and driving profitable growth, and
- Providing strategic insight for all Amazon related initiatives.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search!
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average week/month/quarter will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 82 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Harry Joiner, at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Manage and cultivate relationship with leading consumer product brands working with both associate and c-suite level contacts.
- Craft & deliver ecommerce retail strategy, including but not limited to, sales forecasting, promotion planning and strategic digital media planning.
- Draw insights from large amounts of data and provide recommendation and opportunities to clients on e-commerce strategy.
- Generate reports which analyze customer pricing, promotions, operations and competitive market performance.
- Lead day-to-day counsel and bi-weekly calls with clients to address project work on a variety of deliverables.
- Strategize, implement and manage PPC campaigns on multiple different PPC platforms including but not limited to, Amazon Marketing Services (AMS), Amazon Display (DSP) and teikametrics
- Provide reporting on digital advertising performance, examine ROI, and stay within client budget constraints.
- Contribute to company innovation and tools and implement to the division.
- 5+ years of relevant account management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of both Vendor Central and Seller Central
- 4+ years ecommerce retail experience, including a knowledge of Amazon acquisition strategies
- 4+ years experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated ability to stay organized while prioritizing and managing workflows.
- Demonstrated experience drawing insights from data to provide recommendations to clients on ecommerce strategy.
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.