WILMINGTON, NC – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
ALLAN’S COMMENTS: We are working with REEDS Jewelers in their search for a world-class Ecommerce Optimization Strategist based in beautiful, beachy Wilmington, NC.
This position can be remote if relocation isn’t your bag. If you choose the remote option, then some travel to Wilmington will be expected — likely every 6-8 weeks. However, if you dig beach life, then this role might be even more enticing.
Let me start out by saying that we have an absolutely INSANE amount of information on this position. We’ve partnered with REEDS numerous times since 2015, and our intel packet on this search includes a diamond industry report from DeBeers, First Research and IBIS World.
Moreover, my notes from the kickoff call with this role’s hiring manager (whom I placed) are extremely detailed. Applying for this ecommerce job without this intel would be like bringing a knife to a gunfight.
If you’re a qualified candidate, this information is yours for the asking.
REEDS Jewelers is the largest family-owned retail jewelry chain in North America. The firm sells diamonds, watches, and a large selection of fine jewelry from top designers in over 85 retail stores across 18 states as well as online at Reeds.com (which has been around since 1996).
And get this: TWO YEARS AGO, the firm actually started accepting Bitcoin online and in-store. That’s a true thing. And amazingly, REEDS co-developed the world’s first luxury Android smartwatch with LG Electronics, the LG Urbane Luxe. These people don’t just talk about the future. They are actively engaged in creating it.
Jewelry: There’s still plenty of growth to be had.
While the world is shifting under the feet of luxury marketers, diamond jewelry still represents an $80 billion global market annually. Even pre-COVID, online jewelry growth in the US was twice that of retail stores. Roughly 10% of all US diamond jewelry (by value) is sold online and 40% of all US jewelry purchases are researched online.
And here’s the thing:
Established brands like REEDS can and are doing well online because diamonds are nature-made and therefore extremely difficult to standardize. Diamond lovers want the real thing and they don’t usually know who’s certifying their diamonds: It could be a legitimate high-standard laboratory -OR- a lab with lax standards.
Fact is, ALL labs (both good and bad) use the same terminology for color, cut, and clarity — so it’s critical that consumers rely on trusted brands to help them buy the stones that will commemorate the most important decisions of their lives.
About the Role
As REEDS’ new Ecommerce Optimization Strategist, you will be responsible for analyzing the online retail sales data with a focus on identifying and reporting opportunities to improve the site experience, look and feel, conversion, etc. Basically, the entire site — from landing page to checkout.
The whole ball-O-wax.
When a customer lands anywhere on the site, it’ll be your job to track their behavior, surmise their intent, and glean the insights that will improve the REEDS customer experience. Your job will involve generating online sales reports, analyzing trends in customer purchases, and optimizing conversion on REEDS D2C website.
Naturally, you’ll present this information to Digital Marketing, Merchandising and Ops team members — and you’ll collaborate with cross-functional execs to improve the online transaction process. As you can imagine, this job requires experience working with online marketing and retail businesses, so you’ll need to have strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Solid experience with Google Analytics (or a similar tool), Google Tag Manager and A/B testing tools is REQUIRED.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Allan Seibert, at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Work with various stakeholders to understand business drivers, goals, and actionable outcomes using analytics data.
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting dashboards to report on sales, campaign KPIs, identify ongoing performance trends, and provide ecommerce business insights.
- Configure Google Analytics features such as profiles and filters, e-commerce goal-tracking with funnels, advanced segments, custom events, and custom reports/dashboards.
- Implement and audit all conversion tracking, tagging and event triggers.
- Implement and manage analytics platforms (primarily Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics 360 Suite, Google Optimize)
- Review and interpret web statistics and transactional data to identify trends, correlations, and user behavior supporting improved customer experience and purchase path.
- Monitor personalization and AB test performance using Optimize. At AB test conception, identify what key metrics should be used to understand what users are doing and establish KPIs for success determination.
- Perform ongoing page evaluations to support landing page planning and recommendations of focus areas for the digital marketing team.
- Develop and report full customer journey analysis.
- Create documentation around processes, procedures, and origins of data being used.
- Direct data layer implementation on pages across website properties
- Create and maintain documentation related to data layer implementation requirements
- Develop and maintain processes for tag requests/approval and management
- Manage tags via tag management platform (GTM)
- Diagnose issues with existing platform configurations and tags, and provide recommendations for improvement
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including agency partners and ensure they are following analytics and measurement best practices.
- Assess new data and analytics platforms to help maximize the value of reporting, improve accuracy, and boost efficiency
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing, advertising, or a related field
- 5+ years business experience with 3+ years digital analytics implementation experience
- 5+ years of working with the Google360 and GTM or similar platform
- Strong data management skills – analytical, structured, ability to synthesize information, draw conclusions and confident presenting these.
- Analytical skills to evaluate actions from a short- and long-term perspective and connect to growth targets.
- Experience creating and maintaining operational data quality monitoring processes
- Experience working with tag management platforms and data layers
- Experience with building analytics dashboards and custom reports
- Demonstrated experience automating and visualizing data analysis and recurring reporting
- Web analytics certification a plus
- Tag management certification a plus
- Mobile and app experience a plus